Funny: Clear and Present Danger
- In the movie, Ryan sees a major league drug lord by showing up at his door, handing over his business card from the C.I.A., and saying, "My name is John Ryan. I'm here to see Mr. Escobedo. I don't have an appointment." Even better, this was the second half of a Gilligan Cut: The previous scene had Clark asking Jack sarcastically, "What are you going to do, walk up to his door and ask him?"
- Ryan tries to buy a helicopter, only to be told it costs $2 million. Ryan suggests taking it up for a test flight first. Without looking up, the man replies that will require a safety deposit...of $2 million. Ryan offers My Card. "Do you take a Company cheque?"
Clark: Hey, get out of my chopper!
Jack Ryan: No, no - my chopper.
[Hands Clark receipt. Clark's expression is priceless.]
- In the movie
- Soldier: Sniper had lunch here sir. McDonald's Quarter Pounder. With Cheese.
Sgt Major: How did you get so close to me?
Chavez: SNIPER APPROACHED THE INSTRUCTOR BY BEING A SNEAKY BASTARD, SERGEANT MAJOR
Captain: Do you know what the fine is for littering in the state of California?
Chavez: YES SIR!
- The Running Gag about how much drug money is actually at stake:
- "Plus change."
- In the book, Clark points out how real intelligence operations are a lot different than they are in the movies.
- Clark: Larson, if this were a movie you'd be a blonde with big tits and a loose blouse.
- Sooooo... did they do that in the movie...?