Dead or Alive
There was going to be a connection between Ayane and Christie but it was dropped when Ayane became more of a heroine
While Ayane was never depicted as flat-out evil, her role was a bit more morally ambiguous namely on how Ayane was originally known as the one whom killed Helena's mother. Granted Christie has been revealed to be the one whom killed Helena's mother and was sent to kill Helena. However in Dead or Alive 2
when Helena tried to approach Ayane in rage accusing Ayane of killing her Mother, Ayane was pretty much mocking her questioning on whether if that was true. Granted Ayane wasn't flat out confirming it but she wasn't exactly denying it either. It seems oddly coincidental on how Ayane would make cover-up attempts over a murder she had nothing to do with. However by the time that happened Ayane was becoming more of a heroine especially during the modern Ninja Gaiden
series. Which is the real reason why Ayane no longer had anything to do with the murder of Helena's Mother. I mean what? Where they worried about the potential implications
of a teenager getting involved with a grown adult whom occasionally dabbles in nudism if Ayane and Christie did work together? (Granted I am sure certain fans wouldn't mind the "Potential Mental Imagery"
there but still.)
Xtreme Beach Volleyball is real and Dead or Alive is fake.
- The DOA tournaments were as real as professional wrestling, the DOA girls are just actresses, and their backgrounds are just made up for the sake of plot. They're only fighting merely for entertainment and Fetish Fuel. In Xtreme Beach Volleyball the girls act as who they really are.
- What about the male characters other than Zack?
Ninja Gaiden (Sigma and Sigma 2), DOA, and Volleyball are the past of the Halo Universe
- DOATEC in Dead or Alive is trying to create super soldiers in the form of Project Epsilon (Hayate and Kasumi), and Project ALPHA-152 (Kasumi X and ALPHA-152). The data from the research is preserved long enough to be used by Project Orion aka the Spartan I project and Project HAYABUSA. This explains why Master Chief is so good at his job, he is an enhanced Ryu Hayabusa clone.
- Well, Nicole's story in Dead or Alive 4 suggest that she's from the ilovebees alternate universe of Halo, so this theory may hold some ground.
- And quite possibly enforced by the fact that Nicole and Rachel (introduced in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate) have similar movesets.
- The Fan Video was popular among Team Ninja, so they decided to put the Metroid stage in as a Shout-Out.
- That, or it was worked out as a deal during the collaboration between Nintendo and Team Ninja for Metroid: Other M.
Kokoro will not be returning in DOA5
The canon storyline will have her defeated before reaching Helena, thus she'll just have gotten her confidence beaten out of her and sent home to mummy.
- The code of the demo seems to have Jossed this as Kokoro's name is in the demo code.
- Indeed, something to bear in mind about Dead or Alive is that the series does include characters who either don't participate or can't participate anymore (like Gen-Fu or Ein, respectively) as bonus characters with no story. So in this case there's a chance you may both be right (she has no plot relevance and thus cannot be selected for Story Mode but will still appear as playable in other areas of the game; based on the leaked character roster).
- Jossed to the deepest part of Hell. E3 shows that Kokoro is in the roster, and part of the story to boot.
Considering how Kasumi
is now a guest star in Razor's Edge
, and perfectly capable of committing the same bloodletting violence as Ryu and Ayane
, this Troper thinks it's some Foreshadowing
will have scenes that are Bloodier and Gorier
to match. Granted, there probably won't be any fatalities in any in-game matches
, but the story mode can easily escalate in serious violence and drama onscreen
, especially towards the climax
. Bonus points if the other, non-ninja fighters get caught up in the whole mess in the worst way possible...
Naturally this will try to push the M-Rating as much as possible, in which this be more dialogue driven and the game will play up certain aspects like the Les Yay
in the series a lot more. A lot of the characterization in the game will be due to which DOA girls will you pair with (in which some pairings will be a lot friendlier than others). Some character pairings will probably have little to no Les Yay
(or any interaction at all) while others will play it as much as possible. (But any Ship Tease
will most likely be Played for Laughs
of course.) However, the fact that fans often like to pair the ladies with each-other (often due to fanservice
) won't be the only thing that will be mocked, as character interactions can also lead to other gags such as the ladies trying to comment on various other parts of the series' storyline and try to understand them.
- I think that, if it went this way, it should also throw out a few No Yay gags. Especially for the increasingly popular pairings of Helena/Christie, and Kasumi/Ayane.
- True while I am sure that Kasumi/Ayane will mutually agree with that but as for Helena/Christie while Helena will most likely agree with that but one can't be too sure about Christie. Whether if Christie would let's just say agree with Helena or not could make for some good comedic material.
There will be roughly 15 to 20 characters from each series, each being a counter to another, such as Shun Di vs. Brad Wong
or Kage vs. Ryu
. The core gameplay will be done by AM2 while Team Ninja will do the character models, story, and overall presentation.
The story will involve DOATEC and J6 being competitors in a sort of arms race to see who can create the perfect fighter. Both have their own tournaments to choose fighters to experiment on and gather data, and each one accuses the other of ripping off the idea. DOATEC went for cloning and genetic research while J6 opted more towards robotics and cyborgs with the occasional brainwashing and child soldier. Their covert war will turn overt, and fighters from both sides end up involved in the conflict.
Kasumi's status as of the end of DOA5 is that of an exile.
She appears to be a guest in the Hayabusa village and wears the appropriate uniform. Its possible that Hayate, as head of the Mugen Tenshin clan, has found a Loophole Abuse
to Rules Lawyer
away the death sentence on Kasumi's head. He had Ryu adopt her as a sibling, thus any attempt to harm Kasumi would involve declaring war on an old and trusted (not to mention freaking powerful
) ally. As a formal member of the Hayabusa clan, Kasumi is not subject to death squads anymore but is now exiled from her home village. This is not so bad since Hayate and Ayane are both frequent visitors to the Hayabusa village and while the Mugen Tenshin elders probably are not too happy about it, the fact is that the head of the Hajinmon Sect (Ayane) follows Hayate's every command and he himself is the head of the Tenjinmon Sect, there really is no one in a position to challenge the legal fiction.
It would serve to give "False" Kasumi
more than a Red Herring
status, and would serve as a bitterly ironic twist of the knife
to Ayane and Hayate
. "Hey, remember that "soulless monster
" you cut down earlier? Yeah, turns out it's Back from the Dead
(or at least was Not Quite Dead
as you thought), and is now fighting FOR Donovan after you tried to kill her, in spite of her believing she was always on your same side.
" This would also serve as a Tear Jerker
-loaded setup for a Mirror Match between Kasumi and Phase-4/"False" Kasumi, with Phase-4 thinking Kasumi is another one of her "clones" that she needs to kill off (or, alternatively, calling Kasumi out for wanting to kill clones with thoughts and feelings of their own), and Kasumi becoming shocked and horrified that her clones aren't all Always Chaotic Evil (like Kasumi-Alpha or Alpha-152 were), and realizing she's become as much a bloodthirsty monster as some of the villains of the series for wanting to kill her clones out of her hatred for them.
Brad Wong isn't Chinese
Brad is an American hippie who somehow found himself in China when he was younger and learned drunken kung fu. Brad isn't exactly a very Asian name, and he just calls himself "Wong" because it sounds cool. One of his outfits is a cowboy after all.
There's going to be a final DOA5 revision that adds back more of the playable characters from previous DOA titles (Raidou, Tengu, Genra, Kasumi Alpha, Shiden, etc.), along with a few more faces from Ninja Gaiden and Virtua Fighter.
Of course, this would conflict with the existence of DOA5 Ultimate
, since it would no longer be the "ultimate" version of DOA5
, but there's already Ultimate: Arcade
, so there's a chance for that version to be eventually ported back to consoles or made into a DLC update.
Naturally, any of the long-deceased boss characters would be non-plot entities
, and of the aforementioned characters, Tengu and Kasumi Alpha may be phased out entirely due to Nyotengu and Phase-4's presence in Arcade
is ripe with characters to use, although it's likelier that the modern trilogy—and guys like Murai, Genshin, Regent of the Mask, or any of the more humanoid Greater Fiends—would see more representation with the precedent set by DOA
and its chronology (the only exceptions would be Irene or the more probable Jô Hayabusa).
As for VF
, Kage-Maru could make for a good rep. Why Kage? Because ninjas, that's why.
Plus, the possibility of a Double Izuna Drop tag throw with Ryu (or alternatively, Kage-Maru's Hagakure-ryu You Ko'enraku into a leaping sideways Izuna like in Ryu and Tina's tag throw) is too good an opportunity (and insanely awesome) to pass up on
... You know what? Let's add Dural into the mix. With that, "humanoid bioweapon created by shadowy organization that is connected to a ninja" can be emphasized among the list of DOA
parallels (as touched upon in the above crossover WMG).
- Raidou is confirmed to return in Last Round.
Honoka is another one of MIST's experiments.
She's shown to be a tag parter with the cybernetically-enhanced Raidou, there's something unusual about her gloved right hand, and she can copy other people's fighting moves through observation (which Raidou could also do). She could very well be another cyborg of some kind, or a genetically engineered Super Soldier