- One of the interstitials the channel used to run featured the Superfriends version of Aquaman and Wonder Woman being slowly lowered into a death trap inside the headquarters of the Legion of Doom:
Aquaman: My ability to talk with fish is of no help, Wonder Woman!Wonder Woman: [long-suffering eye roll]
Wonder Woman: You girls are developing into quite the superheroes!Bubbles: Someday we'll be as developed as you!*cue embarrassed look from Wonder Woman and the Legion of Doom snickering*
- And the blatant radar blast from Bubbles at the end:
- Similarly, the instantly memorable Solomon Grundy want pants, too!
- Fred encourages kids to speak their mind.
- The old promo "Yogi's I.D." where because Yogi forgot his I.D. card, nobody recognizes him. This leads to a lot of Comically Missing the Point.
Yogi: You named your kid after me!
- In addition, the promo ends with the security guards letting Dick Dastardly carry a bomb through.
- And from "Edd and Ugh".
Fred Flintstone: Put a shirt on, Ugh.Ugh: Nice tunic. They sell man clothes where you buy that?
- An old commercial pretty much deconstructs the Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal trope by placing Fred Flintstone, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, and I.M. Weasel in the midst of a live-action convenience store, where hilarity ensues as they attempt to deal with the irritable shopkeeper. Just one highlight is when Fred points out to the shopkeeper how paradoxical the Dress Code is:
Fred: Where's your bathroom?Store Owner: Ergh, can't you read? (motions over to sign) "No shirt, no shoes, no service!" State law.Fred: Alright. I'll get some flip-flops!Store Owner: I can't sell you flip-flops! "No service!"Fred: So, you're saying I can't buy shoes, because I don't have shoes?!
- "Sheep In The Big Cafeteria". All of it.
Employee: This is why I don't eat here.
- Fred Flintstone, Thundarr the Barbarian, and Chicken looking for a parking spot.
- Even funnier, the Yogi's ID commercial and the Edd & Ugh commercial even act as direct sequels if you spot them in the background finally getting into the building with their lunch in hand.
- This ad has Hilarious in Hindsight written all over it.
- The Birthday Party.
- Mr. Spacely going shirtless.
- Madame Foster chewing out Porky Pig on not wearing pants after letting Chicken and Sheep through without any trouble.
- Lion-O is about to use the Sword of Omens to find Velma's glasses, only for her to find them before he finishes his phrase. This makes him depressed... until about 2 seconds later when he sees a photo booth.
- All three Bens meeting each other.
- Jake pushing Scrappy-Doo out of the picture.
- Eustace showing Muscle Man a picture of his family.
Eustace: That's me dog, Courage. But don't let that name fool ya! He's scared of his own shadow!Muscleman: *points to Muriel in the photo* That's a scary monster.Eustace: That's my wife!Lumpy Space Princess: Awkward,
- Gumball waiting at the bathroom and Grim appears behind him in a puff of green flame.
Gumball: Come on! I gotta go!Grim: We all have to go sometime...to the bathroom that is.Gumball: I think I just did.
- In the 20th Anniversary music video, there's:
- Zan and Jana's public-service announcement goes off the rails when Zan starts griping about his superpower: "I could be beaten by a sponge! It wouldn't even have to be an evil sponge!"
- These three videos.
- This video where Ed goes on a date with Daphne.
- In a 2001 commercial, various cartoon stars are calling in sick so they can have time to themselves. As the receptionist gets hoards of calls, we cut to the parking lot, which is completely empty. Because of it, the network runs a 24-hour marathon of The Kwicky Koala Show.
Brak: (falsetto) This is Space Ghost's mother, and Space Ghost can't come in today because he's sick. (normal voice) I think she bought it.
- Space Ghost and Brak's call deserves a mention.
- In "Cartoon Auto Repair", Eustace's pickup truck gets "redrawn" by an auto shop after a car accident, but when he gets into the truck, it flies off! The mechanic and his assistant watch it soar away confused, and then...
Lady: Joel, Mr. Jetson's on the phone. He wants to know when he can come get his space car.Mechanic: (Beat) Tell him we're waiting on a part to come back.
- During the commercial for the 2014 Hall of Games Awards, Gumball suggests to Benson that they should switch names.
- This promo for the 20th anniversary.
- The CN City ads have some good ones:
- In one very quick bumper, we have a billboard with Grim's face overlooking a freeway. On it reads:
- The one with the Eds sneaking into a movie theater.
- Samurai Jack and Johnny Bravo at the cleaners.
- The Mystery Machine meets the Megas XLR and Fred tries to improve his street cred with Coop and Jamie.
- This promo for Yoursday, featuring several characters from the block dressing up as each other.
- This promo as well, which has Bubbles using her Hard Light powers to turn into a seal to balance a bubbled Steven on her nose. It's also pretty adorable.
- Another Yoursday promo. Fionna hats for everyone!
- During the 2000 United States Presidential Election, Cartoon Network ran it's Cartoon Campaign 2000 in which 50 of its characters ran for president of Cartoon Network. Most of them ran ads, but two in particular stand out; both of which are direct shout outs to iconic real life campaign ads.
- The promo department was really getting into the parodies- their successive Big Game specials took aim at sports broadcasting and the Super Bowl with old cartoons as the base, with each one getting more and more overloaded with satirical stuff. See the Awesome page for all the stops they pulled out.
- The time Cartoon Network managed to sneak an ad for Cartoon Cartoon Fridays onto Nickelodeon, of all channels.