Western Animation: The Kwicky Koala Show
Hanna-Barbera produced this early 1980s Animated Anthology for CBS, headlined by one of the last characters Tex Avery created. Kwicky Koala, voiced by H-B writer Bob Ogle, was a gentle and elusive marsupial, constantly pursued by the perpetually starving Wilford Wolf.Supporting segments featured the Bungle Brothers, a canine duo who sought vaudeville stardom; Crazy Claws, a witty wildcat who lived in a national park and was hunted by the fur trapper Rawhide Clyde, and Dirty Dawg, a canine vagrant who, with his rodent sidekick Ratso, sought "the pot of stew at the end of the rainbow".
This series provides examples of:
- Expy: Wilford Wolf is clearly a relative of Mildew Wolf from "It's The Wolf," complete with his voice actor doing a Paul Lynde impression.
- The voice actor is John Stephenson who voiced Mildew on Laff-A-Lympics.
- Flash Step: How Kwicky often escapes from danger, accompanied by a beep sound effect.
- Funny Animals
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Voice caricatures included Groucho Marx and Howard Cosell.
- Obfuscating Stupidity / Unknown Rival: Kwicky often goes through Wilford's traps seemingly having no idea that he was in a trap in the first place... except for those moments where he seems to know but acts like he doesn't to make it easier to trick Wilford. It's never
- Seldom Seen Species: Kwicky Koala himself
- Three Shorts