Funny: Captain Tsubasa
- Meta example: the fan jokes on the length of the field. Someone in Italy went all the way to calculate its size: eighteen km in length, and about five in width.
- Again with the Italian fans joking about the series: "Mark Lenders disintegra lo stadio a pallonate" (that's Italian for "Mark Lenders annihilates the stadium shooting balls".
- In the first anime, there's a School Festival at the same time as the Nankatsu/Shutetsu match. Tsubasa is going to the soccer fields, ball-in-feet (sorta), then comes across the track team holding a race. He simply takes the empty spot in the fields and joins it... and wins. Then he continues dribbling and running towards the soccer match like nothing happens.
- Several of Sanae's Hot-Blooded antics as a little girl. And as a teenager, whenever her much calmer disposition is "betrayed".
- Of special note is Sanae's initial Clingy Jealous Girl behavior towards Yayoi in the TV series's primary school arc... because Yayoi is completely oblivious. Even the always unflappable Misugi can't believe it.
- Or when she tried to win Tsubasa's affections over with sandwiches, also in the TV series. That didn't work, either.
- Sanae may have been Demoted to Extra in the Road to 2002 anime, but the Japan Team arc proves that her Tsun Dere spark hasn't faded away. Specially when she and Manabu are in the same frame. She's even seen childishly pulling on his chubby cheeks for being a Debbie Downer at some point!
- In the Furano segments from the original series's junior high arc, Oda tries to tease Matsuyama and Yoshiko during training while Yoshiko's best friend Machiko, a bona-fide Tsundere, is in their surroundings. Hilarity Ensues.
- Jito completely fails in his attempts to get Sanae and Kumi's attention when he meets them, and Yukari laughs at him. Later they're talking through the phone, and Jito is distracted when he sees a pretty girl walk by his phone booth...