Funny: Barenaked Ladies
- "Bank Job". That is all.
"But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"
- "Why Say Anything Nice?"
"Why'd you put your backpack on
If you won't just take a hike?"
- This Rendition of "King Of Bedside Manor".
- "Crazy" is basically a string of one-liners based around slang for being insane.
"The lights are on but nobody's home
My elevator doesn't go to the top
I'm not playing with a full deck
I've lost my marbles!"
- The "Give me a break" in the background during the bridge of "Stomach vs Heart"
- The end of Enid:
I can get a job, I can pay the phone bills
I can cut the lawn, cut my hair, cut out my cholesterol
I can work overtime, I can work in a mine
I can do it all for you!
But I don't want to!
- Of course the beginning is also unsettlingly funny: "The silence, the terror, the pain and the horror as your mom comes downstairs..."
- "Grade 9".
- On their Live DVD Talk to The Hand, Steven literally eats the mic during a pause in the middle of "Be My Yoko Ono", much to the amusement of everyone.
- "If you think of her as Catherine the Great, then you should be the horse to help her meet her fate."
- "I could hide out under there/I just made you say underwear"
- The entire video for "Odds Are, particularly as it contrasts so spectacularly with the lyrics of the video. There are quite a few bonuses for Rooster Teeth fans, too.
- Their rendition of "Jingle Bells." Few bands but BNL would actually commit to tape the famous "Batman Smells" verse.
- Deck the Stills. Basically, replace all of the lyrics for "Deck the Halls" with the phrase "Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young".
- "Another Postcard". It's a List Song about how one of the band members kept being spammed with postcards with chimpanzees on them.
- Snacktime has "Crazy ABCs," a song where Ed tries to find "stranger" words that begin with each letter, such as "A is for aisle, B is for bdellium, C is for czar." The goofy dialogue between Ed and Steven makes the song funnier as it goes on.
- The "Food Party" skit from the same album. Words really don't do it justice.
- "Light Up My Room" from Stunt is a beautiful, soulful paean to the singer's hometown... and then you start actually listening to the lyrics.
There's a shopping cart in the ravine
Foam on the creek is like pop and ice cream
Field full of tires that is always on fire
To light my way home...
- On the first track from Silverball, Get Back Up. we get this gem:
Standing eight and I'm on the ropes
Knees givin' but I won't lose hope
Not the second coming of Muhammad Ali
But can I get a "whoop" for the boxing imagery?