- "Hey, Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are. Say 'Nevermore'."
Raven: Fuck you.
- When Shadow meets Anansi:
Anansi: Where were you the day God was handin' out brains, boy?
Shadow: Someone was telling a story about tigers' balls and I had to stop and hear how it ended.
- Wednesday is not amused by Nancy's stories and says Anansi promised to leave the talking to him.
Anansi: You call that a story? That was nothing. I haven't even cleared my throat!
- Hinzelmann advises Shadow to get a video rental card, to which Shadow declines.
It would make things awkward between then were Shadow to admit that television had made him uncomfortable ever since it had started to talk to him.
- Mad Sweeney, while in Cairo, challenging Shadow to guess how he can pick the golden coins out of seemingly thin air. At a certain point he laments how the "Great and famous Mad Sweeney" is left around "a dog, a bird and a moron".
- Czernobog amiably reminds Shadow, by tapping him in the forehead, that when the war will be over he'll bean him with a hammer. Shadow, in the same tone, responds "Yes, but if you do that again, I'll break that finger".
- Shadow answers his ringing phone with a simple "Yeah?", prompting Wednesday to reprimand him over his manners. Shadow replies that once he actually gets the phone connected, he'll make sure to be more polite.
- Neil Gaiman, Patton Oswalt, and Zelda Williams (Robin Williams' daughter) do a dramatic reading of the part with Bilquis in Chapter One
- Sam Crow telling Mr Town and Mr Road to get into Mister Car and drive off.
Mr. Town: Now, Miz Black Crow—Sam: It's Miz Crow. Not Miz Black Crow. My friends call me Sam, though.Mr. Town: Okay, Sam.
- Not to mention her toying with them through the entire conversation. Given that most Americans are intimidated by the very idea of the Spookshow, it's pretty telling of her overall character that she isn't: