- Shadow riding the carousel at the House on the Rock. It's the first time in the book that he actually gets to be happy, and man, is it a release.
- Shadow rigging a coin toss so he'll lose, and have to pay for the dinner of a hitchhiker he picked up.
- Czernobog delivering a light tap to Shadow's head to make good on their bet.
Pock! There, said Czernobog. Is done.
- The wake for Mad Sweeney. And most of the time Shadow spent hanging out with the Egyptian gods in Cairo.
- Mr. Nancy taking Shadow out for drinks and karaoke and letting him crash at his place.