Fridge: Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Fridge Brilliance:
Rosalina: When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos. Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star . . . and so the cycle of life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way . . . So . . . you'll see.
- Bowser's first and second battle themes sound similar to Across the Stars. He's in love with Peach.
- Also in the S World there's the Toadships. The green one tells you to "go, go!" The red one tells you "slow, slow!" And the yellow tells you to stay in control. Traffic lights much?
- The game starts with the Star Festival, just like Super Mario Galaxy, even though that only happens every hundred years. Mario meets the Lumas and the other races of the universe for apparently the first time, even though he met them already. The Toad Brigade forms again. And at the end of the game, Mario doesn't seem to remember Rosalina, although she remembers him. Then you remember how the first game ended: The universe was destroyed and reborn. This game is the events of Super Mario Galaxy happening again in the new universe.
- To further support this in later games, think over it; Luigi's Mansion has a system where the more money one gather the nicer mansion one get at the end, and in a Mario Kart released after the first Luigi's Mansion has Luigi's course having a huge mansion, the one aquired when one get the most money. But in Luigi's Mansion 2 he has a normal sized house from not aquiring that much money in the first. It does first come of as a Continuity Snarl but when one remember, if the universe was reborn and everything happened again albeit a little differently, and Luigi isn't that brave in this game is that a brilliant Continuity Nod with if Luigi wasn't as brave it the new universe's Luigi's Mansion, he wouldn't gain that much money! So of course the house would be smaller this time around!
- World 2's Solar System: a yellow Sun orbited by a rocky gray planet, a molten orange planet, a watery blue planet, a rocky red planet, a swirly giant planet, a planet with rings, a green ringed planet spinning on its side, and a swirly blue planet.
- Fridge Logic:
- In the Spin Dig Galaxy, you get the spin drill power for the first time, allowing you to tunnel through dirt and reach places you couldn't normally. At the start of this galaxy, you use this power to get to Lumas that have put themselves in ridiculously high up places. They all express amazement that you were able to reach them at all... then proceed to help you on your journey, as they were waiting there specifically to meet up with you. So you are trying to help Mario by hiding where you think he won't be able to find you...?
- After all these years of safely carrying Mario to his destination, and protecting him from many enemy attacks, why did Yoshi suddenly become unable to protect Mario from a tackle by a mere Goomba/Koopa Troopa in this game? note