Law & Order is a franchise of Police Procedural / Law Procedural TV series, beginning with the long-running Law & Order.Law and Order is also the title of an unrelated 1932 Western film.
TV series in the franchise include:
- Law & Order (1990-2010): The original version, sometimes called "The Mothership."
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999-): Which focuses on sex crimes and child abuse.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001-2011): Which focuses on high profile cases. Arguably the closest to a traditional detective procedural.
- Law & Order: Trial by Jury (2005-2006): Which focuses more on the Law Procedural side.
- Conviction (2006): A Law Procedural featuring Law & Order characters.
- Paris Enquêtes Criminelles note (2007-2008): A French remake of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: Division of Field Investigation note (2007-): A Russian remake of SVU.
- Law & Order: Criminal Mind note (2007-): A Russian remake of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: UK (2009-2014?): A British remake of the original series.
- Law & Order: LA (2010-2011): Which takes place in Los Angeles, instead of New York City.
Other media in the franchise include:
- Exiled: A Law & Order Movie: A TV movie of the original series.
- Several video games.