Franchise: Law & Order
Law & Order is a franchise of Police Procedural/Law Procedural TV series, beginning with the long-running Law & Order.Law and Order is also the title of an unrelated 1932 Western film.
TV series in the franchise include:
- Law & Order (1990-2010), the original version, sometimes called "the Mothership."
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999-), which focuses on sex crimes and child abuse.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001-2011), which focuses on high-profile cases. Arguably the closest to a traditional detective procedural.
- Law & Order: Trial by Jury (2005-2006), which focuses more on the Law Procedural side.
- Conviction (2006), a Law Procedural featuring Law & Order characters.
- Paris enquêtes criminellesnote (2007-2008), a French remake of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: Division of Field Investigationnote (2007-), a Russian remake of SVU.
- Law & Order: Criminal Mindnote (2007-), a Russian remake of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: UK (2009-2014?), a British remake of the original series.
- Law & Order: LA (2010-2011), which takes place in Los Angeles instead of New York City.
Other media in the franchise include:
- Exiled: A Law & Order Movie, a TV movie of the original series
- Several video games
- Telltale Games Law & Order Legacies.