Film: The Machine Girl
A 2007 Japanese Film about a very cute college girl, Ami, who seeks vengeance for her slain little brother, in the most gruesome and awesome ways imaginable. Yoshihiro Nishimura did the gore effects for this movie before going on to direct Tokyo Gore Police.
This film provides examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: inspiring Ami to replace it with an ...
- Arm Cannon
- BFG: Ami's gatling gun.
- Between My Legs: Ami's introduction.
- Bloody Hilarious: pretty much the movie's main draw.
- Chainsaw Good: Both Ami and Miki.
- Defeat Means Friendship: The only way for Ami to gain Miki's trust is through an arm wrestling challenge in what Miki had defined a "Battle between people who have lost beloved ones". While it's not exactly an official therapeutic procedure, it seems to work.
- Exploitation Film
- Gatling Good
- Gorn: And how!
- High-Pressure Blood: So much so that it makes one wonder how those who aren't killed instantly manage to do anything else.
- Lovely Angels: Ami and Miki.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: Enough blood is shed in this move to supply the Red Cross for 10 years.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Rule of Cool
- Sailor Fuku: Ami dons a schoolgirl's uniform for pretty much the whole movie.
- Sequel Hook: Albeit one that was never elaborated on. There was a sequel, but it was In Name Only.
- Training Montage: provided with also some shots of the weapon under construction which will later be used by Ami