Film: The Legend of Boggy Creek
Here, the sulfur river flows,
Rising when the storm cloud blows,
This is where the creature goes,
Save in the land he knows.
Perhaps, he dimly wonders why,
Is there no other such as I?
To love, to touch before I die,
To listen to my lonely cry.The Legend of Boggy Creek is a horror film from the year 1973.It centers around a cryptid called The Fouke Monster, a sasquatch-like creaturenote which prowls in the state of Arkansas. It is shot in a documentary style which varies between with interviews of locals and dramatized encounters with the Monster.The film portrays the sightings of the Monster escalating slowly, starting with random caught glimpses of it in the woods and then ending with an attack against a house shared by two families.It was followed by two sequels: Return to Boggy Creek in 1977 and Boggy Creek 2: The Legend Continues in 1985.Watch the original film here.
— The song in the end credits.
Examples in this work:
- Agony of the Feet: It is mentioned that Herb lost half of his foot in a hunting accident.
- As Himself: The interviewed cast.
- Camping a Crapper: One man is almost attacked when he goes to the bathroom.
- Dangerous Windows: Fouke Monster tries to grab one person through a window.
- Hell Is That Noise: Any of the Fouke Monster's calls are eerie to this day.
- Hostile Weather: Thunder can be heard in the background when the sheriff come to check up the Ford house.
- Hysterical Woman: Fouke Monster's appearance causes three women to go into hysterics when it grabs for them through an open window. To be fair, the men didn't do much better.
- It's Probably Nothing: After three women hear the Fouke Monster outside their house, they dismiss the noise just being the wind.
- Police Are Useless: At the end, when the two young couples in the Ford house call the cops, the police tell them not to worry, there's no monster around, it's just a mountain lion trying to break in and eat them! Even one of the characters says, 'This is supposed to make us feel safe'?
- Protect This House: The last shown encounter with the Monster plays out like this.
- Screaming Woman: Mary-Beth starts screaming when she sees the Fouke Monster outside from the window.
- The X of Y