Film: Ted Bundy
Ted Bundy is a 2002 film about the notorious American serial killer, who rampaged across the country from Washington to Florida from 1974 to 1978. Michael Reilly Burke plays Bundy, and Boti Bliss plays his girlfriend Lee. Features an insanely Anvilicious ending.
This film contains examples of:
- Eureka Moment: The scene where Lee visits Ted in prison, he flashes a totally inappropriate smirk, and she realizes in an instant that he's guilty.
- Great Escape: Two!
- I Love the Dead: Truth in Television, right down to the part where Bundy keep severed heads in his apartment.
- Impairment Shot: One of the two women Bundy abducts at the lake wakes up to see him assaulting the other one. This too, may be a case of Truth in Television—when Bundy confessed to this double murder, he claimed that one was Forced to Watch as the other was murdered, though he later recanted this statement.
- P.O.V. Cam: From Ted's perspective as he drives around in his Volkswagen looking for victims.
- Serial Killer
- The Seventies
- Smoking Hot Sex: As he lies next to a dead body.
- Stock Footage: Shots of the real Ted appearing in court, as well as real news coverage from murder sites.
- The Sociopath
- Travel Montage: A pretty sick one in which Bundy's murder tours of Utah and Colorado are illustrated on a map, along with various corpses getting tossed into the woods.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Starts out broadly accurate. Gets less so as the movie goes along, with a rather fanciful portrayal of the later murders and Bundy's arrest and execution.