"And if, by now, you're wondering what on earth the Three Stooges have to do with the fairy tale of Snow White, it's very simple. In this version, we're telling the story of... Snow White and the Three Stooges!"This is a live action retelling of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", starring Carol Heiss, a then-recent Olympic Gold Medalist in figure skating, as Snow White, and The Three Stooges taking the place of the seven dwarfs. The story follows the fairy tale, with a few twists, such as Prince Charming having been raised by the Stooges after they saved him from an assassin when he was a boy (he'd lost his memory in the attack). The film is notable for having originally started as a Non-Actor Vehicle for Heiss, similar to the Sonja Henie films also by 20th Century Fox, with the Stooges only being brought in when Fox realized that Heiss couldn't carry the movie.
— The Narrator
This film contains examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: The inclusion of Count Oga, for one. The prince got a larger role than in other tellings. He actually has a role in the story instead of just a cameo, and he even gets to take part in an action-packed climax.
- Canon Foreigner: Count Oga
- Cool Crown: Snow White wears a really dainty one with her birthday skating dress.
- The Dragon: Count Oga
- Dream Ballet: Although a daydream ballet, Snow White has one of these after she thinks the prince was killed.
- Easy Amnesia: The prince got hit on the head during his assassination attempt, and lost his memory.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Snow White's skating dress on her birthday is loaded with sequins.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Count Oga takes a header into a cauldron filled with boiling oil and is shown sinking out of sight with an utterly agonized look on his face.
- Gorgeous Period Dress
- Jail Bake: With a sandwich instead of a cake.
- Mythology Gag: The Stooges just got their house from a bunch of dwarfs.
- Non-Actor Vehicle: Carol Heiss
- Parental Abandonment: Snow White's mother, of course to have the king remarry, and her father dies on her birthday.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Snow White's skating dresses.
- Pretty in Mink: The film had a number of dresses with fur trim, including the white skating dress Snow White wears◊, and she gets an ermine muff for her birthday.
- Prince Charming: Actually named that.
- Princess Classic
- Rule of Three: The magic dagger Count Oga wears grants three wishes, but they can only be used for good.
- Snake Oil Salesman: The Stooges were doing this before they rescued the prince.
- Slapstick: There were a few scenes of this, but very little compared to the Stooges' other films.
- Storybook Opening: With the Stooges interrupting it repeatedly.