Never Cry Werewolf
is a Syfy Channel Original Movie
from 2008 starring Nina Dobrev and Kevin Sorbo.
In the film, Jared Martin moves next door to the Hansetts, along with his hot motorcycle and eerie, ill-tempered dog. Although everyone else in the neighborhood takes an instant liking to him, Loren Hansett can't get over the bad vibes her new neighbor gives her. She starts to spy on his nocturnal activities and comes to believe that a recent killing might the work of a werewolf who happens to be her new neighbor. Her internet surfing provides a lot of collaborative detail but everyone but her friend Steven dismiss her story as teen-aged fantasy. Fearing for her life, she convinces Steven to take her to a gun shop to buy silver bullets in a gun shop, where their neighbor's supernatural dog attacks. When she dispatches the beast, her actions get the attention of Redd Tucker, a washed-up TV hunting show host to believe her as well. When Steven is attacked by the werewolf and Loren's brother goes missing, she and Redd team up to kill the lycanthrope before he can finish them both off.
The film contains the following tropes:
- Disposable Sex Worker: One of Jared's victims is a prostitute that he brings home. Her demise reveals his true nature to Loren.
- Hell Hound: Jared's spooky dog turns out to be a demon of sorts.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Werewolves in this version keep control over their wolf form (though in this case, he was evil even as a human). They can infect people just by slashing them a bit with their claws rather than bite them, and claim those people's souls, giving them the ability to talk to them telepathically. Their curse can be broken if the werewolf is killed prior to midnight.
- Recycled In Space: Fright Night with werewolves!
- Transformation Trinket: Jared is able to transform at will thanks to a charm made from a skin of a dead man.
- Yandere: Jared. The whole reason he's stalking Loren is because she looks like his dead wife.