When the world is ruled by violence, and the soul of mankind fades, the children's path shall be darkened by the shadows of the Neon Maniacs.A weird, unknown little 1986 Slasher Movie.A teenage girl named Natalie is the only survivor when a group of monstrous killers slaughter her friends when they go out for a little makeout time in secret. When she escapes they stalk her around San Francisco to finish the job, leading to one of the strangest final showdowns even this particular genre's ever seen.
Neon Maniacs provides examples of:
- Final Girl: Natalie, although in an unusual spin she becomes one when the Maniacs slaughter all the other victims in a single scene and spends the rest of the movie on the run from them.
- Ice-Cream Koan: The above Opening Narration. It's as unexplained as the origin of the killers themselves.
- Mysterious Past: The movie never attempts to explain who the killers are or where they come from, or even what's "neon" about them.
- No Name Given: The Maniacs are only named in the end credits, and even then it's a little hard to place a couple of them.
- Pool Scene: Two of them.
- Shout-Out: One of the attendees of the costume party at the end is dressed up as lesser-known comic hero Mister Miracle.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The Neon Maniacs are seemingly unstoppable, except for being water-soluble.
- Weapon of Choice: Several of the Maniacs have one. Samurai's is a katana, obviously, Archer's is a crossbow, etc.