Film: La Casa 3
La Casa 3 (aka Ghosthouse) is a horror film from the year 1988 and it is first movie to be released as an unofficial sequel to Evil Dead films in Italy.One night a ham radio operator receives an odd message of someone begging for his life. He and his girlfriend track the signal to an old house where group of youths are staying with their camper. They decide investigate the matter together. Little do they know that the place is cursed, and there will be lots of bloodshed coming their way.The film was followed by two sequels, La Casa 4 (aka Witchcraft) and La Casa 5 (aka Beyond Darkness), both which were also unofficial additions to Evil Dead.
Ghosthouse has the examples of:
- Accidental Murder: Susan killing Mark, thinking that he is a murderer.
- Backmasking: Lyrics to the song that the clown doll plays turns out to be chant of the word "burial" backwards.
- Cassandra Truth: Nobody believes Tina when she tries to tell something, because she's a compulsive liar.
- Creepy Child: Henriette, thanks to the clown doll's influence.
- Due to the Dead: Whole mess got started when Sam Baker stole from one corpse too many.
- Evil Laugh: When Jim and Mark are testing the ham radio phenomenon, disembodied laughter starts echoing around them.
- Eye Scream: When the mirror breaks on Mrs. Baker's face, one shard embeds itself on her left eye.
- Foreshadowing: When Paul goes to talk to the mortician, he finds him working on a woman who has been run over a bus. The movie ends with Paul carelessly crossing the street and getting run over by a bus.
- Ghost Butler: Door opens invitingly for Jim to his doom.
- Groin Attack: The caretaker kicks Mark into groin when they are brawling.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Tina dies when she ventures into the attic, and a falling piece of metal chops her in half.
- Haunted House: The main location.
- Informed Flaw: Tina's compulsive liar -tendencies.
- Manipulative Bastard: On two occasions the clown doll takes appearance of someone else and tries to strangle its victim.
- Monster Clown: The clown doll, especially when it displays its form with sharp teeth.
- Off with His Head!: Martha sees a vision of a severed in a washing machine in the basement.
- Peek-A-Boo Corpse: Bam-Bam's corpse gives Susan a scare.
- Single Tear: Rolls down on Henrietta's cheek when she listens to her parents' death in the basement.
- Tears of Blood: A vision of Henrietta shedding bloody tears appears on camper's television.
- You Watch Too Much X: When the cast wonder if something supernatural is going on, Susan says that they have seen too many horror movies.