Film / Just Cause
A 1995 crime thriller adapted from the novel by John Katzenbach, directed by Arne Glimcher and starring Sean Connery
, with a supporting cast including Laurence Fishburne
, Kate Capshaw
, Blair Underwood
, Ruby Dee, and Ed Harris
Harvard professor Paul Armstrong (Connery) is lured back into the courtroom after 25 years to take the case of a young black man condemned to death for the horrific murder of a child.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Bobby Ferguson was castrated in jail by the other inmates for the rape of a young woman.
- False Confession: Blair Sullivan claims credits for Bobby Ferguson's crime.
- Groin Attack: Bobby Fergson was castrated in jail.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Bobby Earl is convicted on false evidence, a confession extracted through torture and prejudice. He's still guilty.
- Self-Made Orphan: Blair Sullivan has Bobby Ferguson kill his parents, in return for taking credit for the crime Bobby Ferguson commited.
- Would Hurt a Child: Bobby Fergson committed the murder of a young girl, and when let out tries to kill the young daughter of the law professor who helped him out of jail and his wife who prosecuted him.