Creator: Ed Harris
Edward Allen "Ed" Harris (born November 28, 1950) is an American actor, screenwriter, and director. Harris is a chameleon who's as comfortable playing ruthless villains as he is playing tortured, sensitive heroes, and is instantly recognisable due to his deep voice and undeniable screen presence.With four Academy Award nominations under his belt, Harris is widely considered one of the most captivating and talented character actors to have ever lived. His Academy Award nominations were for Best Supporting Actor for his performances in Apollo 13, The Truman Show, and The Hours, along with an Academy Award for Best Actor nomination for his role in Pollock.
- Enforced Method Acting: During The Abyss, when James Cameron almost drowned him. Harris responded by punching Cameron in the face.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Jean-Jacques Annaud, director of Enemy at the Gates, said he wanted Harris specifically for the part of the villain because his eyes were so striking. One reviewer of The Rock said he "has a glare that could give Clint Eastwood chills".
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Though he's played a lot of villains, by all accounts he's a nice guy. That is, unless you're James Cameron (but see the "almost drowning" incident above) or Elia Kazan (for whom he refused to applaud when the latter received an Honorary Oscar).
- Method Acting: He's such a professional that he'll stay in character even when flubbing a take. While shooting The Rock he was so deep into the character of General Hummel that he started calling Michael Bay "Sir" because that was the only way a military man like Hummel would have addressed someone giving him orders.
- Romance on the Set: Met his wife Amy Madigan while filming Places in the Heart.
- 1982 Creepshow as Hank Blaine
- 1983 The Right Stuff as John Glenn
- 1984 Swing Shift as Jack Walsh
- 1989 The Abyss as Virgil "Bud" Brigman
- 1992 Glengarry Glen Ross as Dave Moss
- 1993 The Firm as Wayne Tarrance
- 1993 Needful Things as Sheriff Alan Pangborn
- 1994 Milk Money as Tom Wheeler
- 1995 Nixon as E. Howard Hunt
- 1995 Apollo 13 as Gene Kranz
- 1996 The Rock as Brigadier General Francis X. Hummel
- 1997 Absolute Power as Police Detective Seth Frank
- 1998 The Truman Show as Christof
- 2001 Enemy at the Gates as Major König
- 2001 Buffalo Soldiers as Colonel Berman
- 2001 A Beautiful Mind as William Parcher
- 2002 The Hours as Richard Brown
- 2003 Radio as Coach Jones
- 2005 A History of Violence as Carl Fogarty
- 2007 Gone Baby Gone as Remy Bressant
- 2010 The Way Back as Mr. Smith
- 2012 Man On A Ledge as David Englander
- 2012 Game Change as John McCain
- 2013 Pain and Gain as Ed Du Bois
- 2013 Snowpiercer as Wilford
- 1994 The Stand as General Starkey