Film: 5ive Girls
5ive Girls is a 2006 Canadian horror film starring Ron Perlman, Jennifer Miller and Jordan Madley, written and directed by Warren P. Sonoda. Produced on a budget of $3,000,000, it has a runtime of 95 minutes.The plot of the movie follows a series of events at St. Mark's, a Catholic boarding school for girls. One day, a young student, Elizabeth, is attacked by unseen evil forces. One of St. Mark's priests attempts to save Elizabeth from the apparently demonic aggressor, but is powerless against it, and the girl vanishes without a trace. The school is immediately shut down, and all of the students leave campus. Five years later, the school reopens under the watch of a cruel new Headmistress. The story follows five girls — Alex, Mara, Cecilia, Leah and Connie — in their increasingly dangerous ventures into the mysteries behind the academy.5ive Girls has been available on DVD since March 6, 2007.
Tropes associated with this work include:
- Back from the Dead
- Big "NO!": Right at the end.
- Blind Seer: Cecila
- Body Horror
- Bottle Episode: The entire movie takes place at the school, using at total of 10 actors including extras.
- Bury Your Gays: Inverted. Mara is the only person who lives past the ending, despite being a lesbian.
- Catholic School Girls Rule
- Deal with the Devil: At least two, one retroactive.
- Healing Hands
- How Dare You Die on Me!: After the final confrontation.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: failed, since Cecilia can't bear to let go of First Sight long enough to resist Legion.
- Knife Nut
- Letters 2 Numbers
- Never Bring a Knife to a Fist Fight: Better yet, never get into any kind of close fight with a demon.
- Offscreen Teleportation: In the final confrontation.
- Public Domain Character: The Big Bad is Legion from Luke 8:30.
- Something They Would Never Say: When a blind woman asks about a circle drawn on the floor.
- Tainted Veins: One of the signs of the Big Bad's influence.
- Title Drop: Release the binds on the one lost / Take five girls as the cost.
- Voice of the Legion: Appropriately.