open/close all folders
- The Piers Anthony novel Hard Sell has the hero accidentally stick his hand into a matter transporter (which kills living cells). His adoptive daughter says, "Aw, and that was your spanking hand, too!"
Live Action TV
- The Doctor, in the Doctor Who episode "The Christmas Invasion" after his hand grows back from the remaining post-regeneration energy.
The Doctor: 'This hand's a fightin' hand!'
- MST3K used this when featuring The Day the Earth Froze when Lemminkaimen and Ilmarinen chop down a tree, there's an unnecessary shot of a bear. Tom, imitating the bear, quips "That's my scratchin' tree, you jerks!"
- Norm McDonald, former anchor on Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update, made this comment on the O.J. Simpson trial when attorney Johnnie Cochran put on the ski mask Simpson allegedly wore:
Norm: "And then Simpson jumped up and said, 'Hey! That's my lucky stabbin' hat!'"
- Scrubs: "Aaah! My Me Time hand!"
- Darby Conley's Get Fuzzy features a visit from the main character Rob's French friend Pierre who has broken his arm. Satchel laments "Aw, that's your surrenderin' arm!"
- Invader Zim: "That was my squeezing arm! They took my squeezing arm!"
- Grandpa Simpson once broke his waggling finger in The Simpsons.
- Krusty once got bitten in his check-writing hand.
- And Milhouse got hit in his non-lazy eye.
- After Danger Mouse and Penfold get into naming semantics about the Mark III's automatic pilot and how they're named after members of DM's family:
DM: George. Hmph. My sainted aunt.Penfold: A grandmother Fred and an aunt named George? Ooh, you have got problems, DM.