Fanfic: The Assassins Archives Ginevra
The Assassins' Archives: Ginevra by J. Tyler is an Assassin's Creed fanfiction that uses elements from The Company Novels.One night, Ezio returns to Leonardo's with a woman he accidentally stabbed after she surprised him. This woman is the eponymous character, a cyborg from the future, and her presence will shake history up drastically.
This fanfic contains examples of the following tropes:
- Actual Pacifist: Ginevra and the Company cyborgs like her are programmed to shut down if they think of doing serious harm to humans. Knocking people out is fine though.
- Blessed with Suck: Ginevra's view on being made what she is.
- Creative Sterility: The Company cyborgs suffer from this, though Leonardo wants to think otherwise.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Ludiovico Orsi freezing to death in high atmosphere.
- Doorstopper: The story has crossed the 100,000 words mark. It started somewhere in Sequence Six and 50+ chapters later we still haven't started on the Venice parts of canon. If things stay this way, we are going to be in for a long ride.
- Edutainment Show: There's a lot of culture and history blended in.
- Fictional Document: The story contains extracts from several ones showing how things were altered by the changes Ginevra made.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Ginevra.
- Gratuitous Italian: Inevitable given the setting and canon.
- Healing Factor: Ginevra, to the point of Immortality.
- It Will Never Catch On: Ezio expressing his doubt about sugar and horse meat. Mario discounting pasta cooked in wine as a waste.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Between a Company cyborg and a mortal. Ginevra has had her share.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Ginevra identifies this possibility as the reason why she doesn't want to directly interfere in any of history's big events. On the other hand, she won't do any Railroading either if history starts going Off the Rails due to her introducing inventions early.
- Obstructive Code of Conduct: The Company is not supposed to interfere in the past. At least, not supposed to interfere to change things from what is recorded in the history books. This leads to a potential Moral Event Horizon-crossing when they repair a bus Ginevra sabotaged to prevent the children on board from being killed by Nazis.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: Ginevra.
- Really 700 Years Old: Ginevra looks eighteen, but is over 900.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Most of what Ginevra is doing in Renaissance Italy.
- Super Speed: One of the cyborg capabilities.