In the wake of Second Impact, a dying god seeks to prolong her life by joining with a mortal, but she gets more than she bargained for when she chooses Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu. Years later, however, Kyoko gets a second chance at life as a result.Superwomen of Eva 2: Electric Return
is one of the newer and without a doubt the most obscure entry into the Superwomen of Eva
When Second Impact causes the Lords of Order and the Lords of Chaos to begin dying off, two of their number decide to reject this fate, each merging with a mortal to pass on their legacy. The Lord of Chaos Kestrel
merges with an unborn Angel, and Kismet
merges with Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu. Years later, the core of Unit 02 cracks, and a Strange Visitor
emerges with no memories of who it was, but a strong desire to help a young redheaded girl at the end of her rope.
This Superwomen of Eva 2 story provides examples of the following:
- Anger Born of Worry: Misato towards Asuka. And that's without knowing she tried to commit suicide.
- Back from the Dead: This is Kyoko we're talking about.
- Combo Platter Powers: Seriously, how do these powers make sense?
- The Empath: Strange Visitor gets a pain in her gut whenever someone is expressing negative emotions that indicate they're in trouble.
- Energy Being: Strange Visitor is one and ends up appropriating a containment suit.
- Shock and Awe: Strange Visitor is apparently made of electricity. She can also sense it, including bio-electric fields, and manipulate it, including electromagnetics.
- Despair Event Horizon: Asuka reaches this point after it's discovered she can't synch with Unit-02. She's saved both physically and emotionally by Strange Visitor.
- Driven to Suicide: Asuka tries to jump off a building after Unit-02 is decommissioned.
- Fusion Dance: Kismet merges with Kyoko in the opening. Years later, they become Strange Visitor as a result.
- Ironic Fear: Strange Visitor is terrified of being shot at. Later on, she takes several pieces of crystal shrapnel and is uneffected beyond some brief pain and panic.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Nerv tries to repair Unit-02's core (and subsequently wakes up Strange Visitor) by running an enormous amount of electricity through it.
- Loss of Identity: Kyoko's memory is more than a bit spotty. Understandable, considering how many times her mind's been shattered and clumped back together again in canon, nevermind the stuff that happens in the fic.
- Mama Bear: Kyoko. Oh yes, Kyoko.
- No Sell: Kestrel and Strange Visitor can both keep whaling on each other in perpetuity and never get tired. Just like the Lords of Order and Chaos have been doing since forever and an age.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: Siberia, actually.
- Refusal of the Call: Strange Visitor actively ignores her empathic alarm that someone is in trouble after the first time she saves a group of people out of fear. Until Asuka gives her what for.
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue: The climax is, with few breaks or reversals, one long scene of Strange Visitor pummeling Kestrel for daring to harm Asuka.
- Runaway Train: Strange Visitor's first — and only — on-screen incident of saving bystanders is stopping one of these.
- Secret Keeper: Asuka is the only one who knows where Strange Visitor lives.
- Smoke Shield
- Superpowerful Genetics: Asuka, in the epilogue.
- Worth Living For: Strange Visitor gives Asuka this after her attempted suicide and a long conversation.