Fanfic: Mellorine Mellorine
Traveling with the Straw Hats may have given him irreplacable Nakama
and a chance to discover All Blue... but Sanji has other dreams. Like serving on a ship filled with beautiful women rather than stinking, boorish, idiotic men
. He's getting the chance to live that out, though — far sooner than he thinks...
Set after the Skypiea Arc, nocturneequuis' Mellorine! Mellorine!
puts Luffy, Usopp and Zoro through a Gender Bender
, much to Sanji's initial glee. But as the condition persists, he soon finds that his fantasy isn't all it's cracked up to be, for the lovely ladies he's now surrounded by aren't too thrilled with the situation, and being a woman is harder than it looks.
This One Piece Fan Fic
contains examples of:
- Animal Motifs: Sanji frequently compares 'Usopp-chwan' to a bird, thinking that she's small and fine-boned 'like a sparrow' and looks as though she was born to fly.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: All three, though Sanji is particularly floored by how adorable Usopp turned out to be as a girl.
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Big Bad: Admiral Mardus and his Merchant Pirates.
- Deconstruction: Of Gender Bending in general.
- Delayed Reaction: Sanji goes about his morning routine, observing his sleeping companions and absentmindly gushing over them without even realizing he's doing it. It's not until he's working on breakfast and has a stray thought about how it'll help Usopp keep his girlish figure that it sinks in.
- Double Standard: Many of the very things Sanji found repellant about his male crewwmates become Charm Points once they're women.
- Gender Bender
- First Law of Gender-Bending: Naturally, finding a way to change back proves much tougher than anticipated, and in Chapter 5 Sanji learns there's supposedly no cure at all other than "making your peace with it".
- Helping Would Be Kill Stealing: That's what Zoro calls it when Sanji helps 'her' out during their first fight.
- I'm a Man, I Can't Help It: A dialed-back version; Sanji can't stop himself from leering over his genderbent crewmates, despite recognizing the problems that's causing.
- Oh, Crap: Sanji realizes he's in trouble the moment Captain-chan asks about breakfast and he automatically replies "Any time is breakfast time for youuuu~"
- One In A Million Chance: According to Eba, the chances of finding a Fugu berry bush are one in a million. Nami immediately Lampshades this.
- Pronoun Trouble: Even though he keeps reminding himself that the guys-turned-girls are still guys, Sanji fluxes between using male and female pronouns for each of them.
- Male Gaze: Even before he consciously realizes the others have changed, Sanji absently admires their figures. Later, he's horrified to realize he's watching a particular part of Zoro as he storms off.
- Reality Ensues: All over the place. For instance, Sanji's particularly thrilled with how Usopp turned out, paying special attention to her... which Usopp doesn't miss, leading to him grabbing a blanket and covering up completely until he nearly passes out from heat exhaustion.
- Sexy Shirt Switch: Usopp unintentionally invokes this by borrowing one of Sanji's shirts. He intended to hide his figure with an oversized, baggy shirt with a nice, high collar; unfortunately, seeing 'Usopp-chwan' in his favorite blue shirt has the opposite effect on the love-cook.
- Stupid Sexy Marimo: Sanji tries really hard not to swoon over the genderbent Zoro.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: Zoro suffers one during "Brought Up Short" when she tries to use Onigiri.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Eba tells Sanji and Nami as much after explaining there's no cure for the Fugu Berry's effects. Not that this stops them.