It was just a small wish: To live with their master and their friends as those uneventful days passed by, to see him grow up as he chased his ideals by his own strength. To become an ally of justice; a hero who can save everyone.
story between Fate/stay night
and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
in which the Book Of Darkness
binds itself to Emiya Shirou instead of Yagami Hayate. A interesting idea with a good deal of potential, and a greater amount of work put into it. Even though it is still in its infancy, it delivers some well-done character interactions. The initial development of the Wolkenritter's feelings towards Shirou as their master are truly endearing and heartwarming.
Also, as the author himself put it: "Fraggle presents: Fate/Night Sky The only fic that has induced Avalon rage in it's readers
Can be found in its dedicated forum thread in Beast's Lair
. A mirror is available in fanfiction.net
This page only deals with tropes appearing in the story itself. For those common to F/SN and Nanoha check their respective trope pages.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: Shirou's mind becomes the scenario where the Book of Darkness and Avalon manifest themselves and confront each other. The former trying to consume more of Shirou's prana to fill its pages and the latter keeping the former's influence partially at bay.
- Big Eater: Vita.
- Chick Magnet: Signum.
- Cliffhanger: Fraggle has a liking for these at times.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The Wolkenritter's new barrier jackets.
- Darker and Edgier: Compared to the original Nanoha A's.
- Eye Scream: The result of Shirou reinforcing his eyes incorrectly when trying to hit a target.
- Fate Worse Than Death: The eventual fates of the Liese Twins.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: The first thing Shirou notices when he sees Reinforce for the first time:
"Why do your wear socks that don't match?"
- Ill Girl: Invoked. To justify her lack of physical growth, Vita has to pretend she is suffering from a deliberately poorly-defined "hormone imbalance" and play the part of a sick and fragile little girl in public. Predictably, this annoys her to no end.
- I Was Just Joking: Shirou jokingly suggested dressing the Wolkenritter as "a bunch of vengeful oni" to keep potential enemies from recognizing their civil identities. Cue Vita's Puppy-Dog Eyes.
- Kill It with Fire: Shamal and Taiga's combined efforts in making dinner after Shirou was overloaded by the BoD
The healer stammered as she tried to save her dish.
"WAAGH! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!"
"How can you kill something with fire if it's already burning?" Vita murmured.
- Moment Killer: Dammit, Avalon!
- Mythology Gag: Shirou missing the target on purpose in front of Ayako.
- Shirou jumping the bar while Rin and Sakura watch. With a twist. After Rin leaves, he eventually clears the bar after briefly tapping the power of the spell Sleipnir.
- Apparently Gilgamesh obtained the Vimana from Al Hazard, and he was responsible for the destruction of their homeworld. There's a reason Ea is called an Anti-World Noble Phantasm.
- Only One Name: Averted with the Wolkenritter as they needed proper surnames for their Yakuza-provided fake IDs. They now go by Signum and Vita Ritter (posing as sisters), Shamal Grün and Zafira Wolf.
- Poisonous Friend: Signum specifically refers to Shinji as such.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Vita uses these on Shirou to great effect.
Vita scooted closer to him, staring at him with eyes that had somehow grown double their size as they sparkled at him. It was almost like a child looking at her parent after being promised the greatest birthday present ever, only for them to keep it out of reach.
- Ship Tease: One could make a case for Zafira×Taiga.
- Teach Me How To Fight: Similarly to canon, Shirou doesn't accept the fact that he is nominally entitled (and tactically encouraged) to remain behind the front lines and tries to convince his guardians to train him. After a while Zafira and then Signum end going along with his wishes.
- Wham Episode: In chapter 8 not only does Shirou meet Zouken but Gilgamesh is seen observing him as well.