Fan Fic: The New Lives Saga
"I would like you to send the others and my daughter to different dimensions, this way they can finally have truly normal lives and before I go, I have one more thing to say." said Neo Queen Serenity.
"They will be reborn as boys." said Neo Queen Serenity.
There was an awkward silence.
"What" said Sailor Pluto with her eyes bugging out.- New Lives prologue
The New Lives Saga is a long running series of multi-cross Fuku Fic
by Emma Iveli on fanfiction.net. It has been running since October 7, 2006. It has 5 main stories, 1 Prequel, 3 "movies", 1 Spin-Off, and a number of joint crossovers with other writer's.
The plot is after Crystal Tokyo fell, Neo Queen Serenity sent the Sailor Senshi to be reborn but in her grief sent them to be reincarnated as males. The senshi are unfortunately called back into action, with Ash Ketchum as "Neo Sailor Moon" (an older version of Chibi-Usa), Kiyo Takamine as Sailor Mercury, Monkey D. Luffy as Sailor Mars, Ranma Saotme as Sailor Jupiter, Naruto Uzumaki as Sailor Venus, Gary Oak as Sailor Saturn, Kakashi Hatake as Sailor Uranus, Portgas D. Ace as Sailor Neptune, Sasuke Uchiha as Sailor Pallas, Roronoa Zoro as Sailor Juno, Eido as Sailor Vesta and Ryoga Hibiki as Sailor Ceres, as well as the join reincarnation of Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion named Kousagi, along with an unchanged Setsuna all of them have to fight various evils in order to protect "the Multiverse". New Lives L introduces Sailor Galaxia AKA Star who's trying to find the reincarnations of the Star Lights which so far include Ritchie AKA Sailor Star Fighter, Rock Lee AKA Sailor Star Healer and Mousse AKA Sailor Star Maker.
It is relatively popular and has a few imitators. It is often known for its off the wall humor and strange gender bending.
Approved Fanfic Appearance:
It should also be noted that the story New Senshi is also written by Emma Iveli.
- A Day In The Lime Light: Every couple chapters there is a chapter dedicated to one of the non-Senshi characters in someway.
- The Most common one is a chapter to Brock and Sanji getting into a fight of some sort, usually over their shared girlfriend.
- It's actually the premise of New Lives S: The Movie
- All Your Powers Combined /All Your Colors Combined: In a recent chapter of New Lives S, all 7 Colors combined their powers/colors to create a Super Monster. However due to one of them thinking about Captain Planet and the Captain Planet Robot Chicken Sketch it was named Captain Rainbow and kept shouting its name.
- The new villain Seru has all the non-Senshi magic-based powers of the Senshi, and can combine them, thus he's an example of All Your Powers Combined.
- Artificial Human: This is Seru's basic schtick.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: When Pluto reveals she knows about Itachi's secret, she says she knows about the murder of the clan, why he joined the Akatsuki, and his Pocky addiction.
- Back from the Dead: The 4th Hokage, Kuina and Mikoto Uchiha have all been revived in order to fight the senshi, they are later healed and join up in adventures.
- Big Eater: Luffy and Naruto have eating contests regularly, it always ends in a draw apparently.
- Butt Monkey: Eido, is often treated badly due to: his perversion, his lack of skill, his last name or that one time he kidnapped Zoro and Gary just so he could follow Kiyo and Megumi.
- Peter even more so in the Spin-Off. Beat, frozen, forced to cross dress... the poor sap is even made secret keeper for the Sailor Senshi It's not normally a bad thing, unless one of the people your traveling with is a Sailor Senshi Fan Girl.
- Chained Heat: Chapter 29 of New Lives C... except the two characters get along prior to this.
- Cooking Duel: Sanji and Brock's rivalry/hatred didn't really begin until they had a televised cooking duel over the the heart of Beth.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: when Seru first fights the Senshi, he only needs two moves to beat them; and even then, the second is needed because Ace's fire immunity saves him from being KOed by the first move.
- Department of Redundancy Department: This line in New Lives L chapter 4:
"I'll show you both," said Terre. "Both of you!"
- Sora and Oceania both notice this.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Every main story a villain will become an alley of the Senshi. All but one of them works in a cafe frequented by the Sailor Senshi.
- That one of them is Opal, who is now Naruto's adopted little sister.
- This list so far includes the villain squad minus Amethyst from the Neo Dark Kingdom, Doll and Sea from the Black Sun, Specs from the Dark Wave, and Ceruelan and Aoi from the Rainbow Brigade.
- Dirty Old Man: Jirayra, Happosai and Brook
- Early-Bird Cameo: Brook makes a small appearance in New Lives C before he officially joins the Straw Hats in New Lives S.
- The Starlights appear in New Senshi (during the crossover arc) in a similar cameo as Brook.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Subverted in that Ash turns into a Prince rather than a Princess.
- Vivi rejoins the Straw Hats in New Lives C, but doesn't get that much screen time.
- For Want of a Nail: Ace will not die. Emma goes though the process of him not dying in an author's note for Chapter 11 of New Lives L.
Ace never fought Black Beard on that island, because of that he was never arrested, he wasn't arrested, so Luffy didn't have to go save him, Luffy didn't go save him... well you know the rest
- Fuku Fic: May in fact be the only Zatch Bell or Naruto Fuku Fic out there.
- Hostile Show Takeover: In chapter 21 of New Lives S Team Rocket tried to become the main characters of the story, despite not knowing what the story was even about.
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Aoi says it in Chapter 10 of New Lives L after saying a parody of the Fight Club Rules.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: When Sasuke learned the truth about Itachi, Star left Mikoto's expalination in this manner. She couldn't come up with anything so she came up with that she had to go but tampons, disgusting everyone who heard this.
- In Spite of a Nail: New Lives L ch.24 shows that despite the occasion that made Hanockc and Luffy meet in canon not happening this time, they end up meeting anyway...via a Big Damn Heroes moment of Luffy's part.
- Lethal Chef: Akane's cooking has been used as chemical weapon by Usopp on many occasions.
- It also said that whenever she cooks, a skull and cross bones appears and gives ominous warnings.
- Brock and Sanji once tried to settle their differences and teach her... didn't work out.
- Megan, a character in the spin-off is almost as bad a as cook, but it is said that she isn't as bad.
- Long Speech Tea Time: Seru gets this treatment when the Senshi ignore his big speech.
- Love Triangle: Oh so many...
- Ash has several girls fawning over him and is currently unaware of it.
- Zatch is pretty much in the same situation as Ash.
- Ranma is one of the main characters... 'nuff said.
- Recently Zoro has gotten himself in a love triangle between recently revived Kuina and marine Tashegi. And yes, everyone does acknowledge they look the same.
- Sakura has feeling for both Naruto and Sasuke... Naruto is also dating Hinata. This should be mentioned that this is the only love triangle not played for laughs.
- The rather bizare love triangle between Sanji, Brock and an OC named Beth, due to Beth being a main character in the Spin Off both or one often appear.
- Macguffin Girl: Kousagi, but only in New Lives C. In New Lives S onwards she's just another member of the team.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman : When Luffy first transforms in to Sailor Mars, when the Inner Senshi are turned into girls over night and when Eido first transforms.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: There are three layers involving the New Lives Saga:
- The Main Cast: Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Zatch Bell, One Piece, Ranma 1/2 and Naruto
- Ryoga meets someone while Lost: Urusei Yatsura, Di Gi Charat, Tokyo Mew Mew, Family Guy, Azumanga Daioh, Haruhi Suzumiya and Bleach
- Another Fanfic: Galactic Guardians (Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2 and Pokemon) and New Senshi (Sailor Moon, Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach, Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star).
- Metaphorgotten: In chapter 3 of New Lives L, Aoi tried to use "Life is like a box of chocolates" but mangles it badly leaving the person she was talking to was extremely baffled.
Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a piece and it turns our to be one you hate so you punch some random guy in the stomach: he tries to punch you back and a big fight happens. When it's over you tell him why you punched him and he tells you should just buy the boxes from one of those places where you can get your choose you own box. Life is like that, you know.
- Moment Killer: Chapter 4 of New Lives S: The Movie, Kuina was about to confess her feelings to Zoro, when Sanji busted in with food... it's implied Sanji did it on purpose.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Subverted in that Emma Iveli is not a normal female fanfic writer: while there is romance it rarely ever takes center stage. Also in a story like this you'd think there would be Yaoi, the closest thing is that characters think Orochimaru did things to Sasuke (which he denies).
- No Sense of Direction: Ryoga... There is in fact a chapter of mostly Ryoga getting lost.
- It should also be pointed that that lately he's somehow keeps winding up Quahog, Rhode Island... it's never said how he got there.
- Zoro and Luffy's lack of a sense of direction is brought up, but not as much as Ryoga's.
- Noodle Implements: In New Lives S: The Movie Doll gets Misty's sisters to stop following her, it involves a banana cream pie, guacamole, five 20 pound pumpkins and a really big garden gnome. Later Violet and Lily are covered in goo, Dawn figures what the pie, guacamole and pumpkins were used for (covering them in a goo made from those things) but can't seem to figure out what the garden gnome was for.
- Noodle Incident: In a recent chapter of New Lives S, there was "That thing with the Surskit".
- During the prank war arc in New Lives S, in the past there was the "Obito Sugar High", sometime in the past Obito got extremely sugar high and everyone who alive at that time will shudder at the memory.
- Also there's the time Hakushi turned many male Genin into women during the Chuunin exam arc in New Lives L
- One Steve Limit: Violet of the Cerulean Sisters is not Violet of the Rainbow Brigade. The latter wears glasses. Unless there's some sort of Clark Kenting or other nonsense going on, that's the best we can do in terms of telling them apart.
- Seru in ch.24 lampshades this in a pretty funny moment.
- Opposite-Sex Clone: In the final arc of New Lives C, many of the Senshi faced off against Clones which contain a mixture of female and male clones. Due to the nature of the series it's best not to think about it... Seriously, it will make your head hurt.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Each main story had one.
- New Lives: The 5 Jewels: Amber, Aquamarine, Ruby, Opal and Amethyst.
- New Lives R: The 8 Wonders: Horror, Dude, Tech, Doll, Cat, Sporty, Sea and Otaku.
- New Lives C: The 5 Generals: Specs, Ciel, Illminazione, Hund and Lillie.
- New Lives S: The 7 Colors: Rouge, Pumpkin, Goldie, Olvie, Cerulean, Aoi and Violet.
- New Lives L: Currently unnamed, Oceania, Terre and Sora.
- Redemption Equals Death: Poor, poor Horror.
- Retcon: Naruto's mother was originally named Momoko in this story, later on, she is referred to as Kushina. The name "Momoko" was only used once in passing, not only that but there was a Hand Wave, when the switch happened Naruto pointed it out while Arashi deined he ever called her that.
- Side Bet: In Chapter 43 of New Lives S Aoi notices that Cerulean choose to become good too, and mentions that she had a bet with Olive whether or not that would happen. She won, but Olive died in her fight with Sailor Juno/Zoro so she couldn't collected her prize money.
- Later repeated by Princess Prism between her and Violet... who unlike Olive did live on after all.
- Also during the prank war arc in New Lives S, after the pictures of Asuma and Kurenai were spread, half of all ninjas exchanged money in bets whether or not they were a couple.
- Spin-Off: There is a Spin-Off that involves an OC name Mina who discovers she has Super Powers in New Lives R. The story involves her using her powers to become a super hero just for the hell of it then finding out there's an enemy that she and girls with similar powers have to fight. The Senshi makes cameos in it occasionally.
- Shout-Out: Seru's first line is similar to Farnsworth's clone first said when he was revived. This is even mentioned in the chapter in a case of Lampshade Hanging.
- Sure, Let's Go with That: After escaping the angry mob of women after Jirayra, many Leaf Ninja see Jirayra beaten up. When everyone assumes it was the mob that did it. Arashi says the exact line. When it was really Star who beat him up after he was watching a Sailor Senshi fight... that happened to be somewhat perverted.
- Take That: Seriously, writing a flamer into the story to have him killed?
- That wasn't a flamer, it was based on her ex boyfriend, it was an extremely bad break-up and the two constantly got into fights online about it. The two patched things up before the character died since she still had some resentment the character still died but had a Redemption Equals Death, instead of just dying.
- Talkative Loon: Aoi... just Aoi...
- The Man Behind the Man: In New Lives Amethyst was first introduced as the only member of the 5 Jewels to kill a Sailor Senshi durring the final days of Crystal Tokyo, turns out she was the one who reawakened Jadetite and was just biding her time until she could take over the Neo Dark Kingdom.
- The Movie: Well not technically a real movie, more or less a side story that is called a "movie".
- The Unmasqued World: The first story there is a masquerade going on that slowly breaks. Now almost everyone that comes in contact with them knows that they are Sailor Senshi.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: When Amethyst kills Jadeite.
"Rest in Peace... Bitch..."
- The Line was later repeated by Jeffy after her abosrbed in New Lives C: The Movie.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Eido is one of the few with a girlfriend...
- What Does She See in Him?: Doll was the one that initiated the relationship... and when Sailor Juno/Zoro found out, even she was embarrassed that she was in love with Eido.
- Took a Level in Badass: Eido in New Lives S starts learning how to use a sword from his girlfrined Doll. In chapter he shows off what he learned is officially no longer the "useless" member of the Sailor Senshi.