Fan Fic / Pretty Cure Full Color
One of many OC fics for the Pretty Cure
franchise that have sprung up around Livejournal, this one is written by xdisc and features a "season" theme.
The Magical Land
that this particular group needs to save is the Realm of Sky, which protects the weather of all worlds (but you probably shouldn't blame natural disasters on them
). They kept the balance with the Season Keys, four immortal pieces of a tree. Yes, you read that right: two leaves and two twigs. In comes the evil group Neomonde, attempting to steal them. Rather than let that happen, ruler Princess Sora sent the Keys to Earth just before she was captured. In come three junior high school students, who become Cures with three of the Season Keys. (Later on, they're joined by a fourth member.) Time for some princess-saving, ladies.
It can be read here.
The members of Pretty Cure are:
- Kazeno Aki (Cure Autumn): The leader of the team, a typically ditzy mahou-shoujo leader with a love of cute guys and sweets. Can become very powerful under duress. Uses the power of wind.
- Toumizu Rei (Cure Winter): Aki's childhood friend, an outgoing girl who says what's on her mind. Dreams of reciting poetry on stage, but her stage fright might hamper that. Uses the power of ice.
- Natsuno Atsui (Cure Summer): An athletic newcomer to the trio who enjoys graphic design and nurses a crush on their homeroom teacher. Uses the power of heat.
- Tsuitei Sakura (Cure Spring): The Fourth Ranger. Started out as an apathetic, Alpha Bitch-esque rival, but she eventually befriended the Cures and awakened as one during Episode 22. Uses the power of plants.
- Sunny and Berry: The Mentor Mascots and Team Pets.
- Easel: The Third Ranger to the mascots. He and Sunny don't like each other much.
The members of Neomonde are:
- The Director: The Big Bad. His eyes are always closed. Usually.
- Moszaryz: The Director's occasionally-unreliable Number Two. Has powers over metal.
- Osmio and Onirk: Two unintelligent, octopus-like minions, used to guard the Princess' cage.
- Belldandy: Alias Midorikawa Kane. A cold girl who infiltrates the Cures' ranks but begins to question her job after experiencing different emotions. Wields needles and uses the power of plants. Later becomes a Fifth Ranger to the Cures by the name of Lady Rainbow.
- Furyze: A man who initially cares nothing about Neomonde's goal, simply enjoying to fight. Later on, he changes his mind and grows to embrace his job. Wields a whip and uses the power of ice.
- Kajiaki: Alias Kanjitou Kaoru. She's said to be the most evil of the servants. Wields rings and uses the power of fire.
- Clawind: A mature, attractive man who enjoys disguising himself as famous people. Wields a fan and uses the power of wind.
- Whisdame: An evil seer with the ability to predict the future, although it's unknown how precise this is. She's most notable for introducing the more powerful Kichigaino.
Written in script format with short chapters, it's notable in that all of its characters performed well in the SaiFancharacter tournament held by the fanbase, with Atsui taking the crown at the end despite being up against
Cure Rosa, the lead of Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy
More character-specific tropes may be found here
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Crossdresser: When Aki imagines herself and the other Cures (including Kane) in a Gunslinger Girl scenario in an early episode of season 2, one of the dual roles they play is the fratellos assigned to their respective characters.
- Demoted to Extra: Now that Hana has fulfilled her purpose as the red herring in the "who is Cure Spring?" question, the author seems to have no more use for her... except as Secret Keeper (when she figures out four of her friends are Cures).
- Development Hell: The series has gone on several hiatuses, mostly related to the author's stint in college. And then the author's dad accidentally wiped out all the episodes that had been written but not published. Maybe the author needs to save all the episodes on a flash drive or floppy disk?
- Elemental Powers: Like Shining Pretty Cure, both sides use the four main elements in some form.
- Fan Nickname Atsui: Queen of OCs (after winning the SaiFancharacter tournament)
- Sixth Ranger:
- Fourth Ranger, technically. Cure Spring. She was speculated to be a reformed Belldandy or the girls' classmate and friend Haruno Hana, but turned out to be Sakura... the one the fanbase least expected.
- Kane herself will eventually become a Fifth Ranger in her own right: Lady Rainbow.
- Karmic Death: What Furyze's death would've been if Kane was Cure Spring.
- Redemption Equals Death:
- Belldandy realizes she cares for the Cures after all and seemingly perishes after taking an attack mean for Aki; however, Word of God says she'll go the way of Kiriya and come back as a normal human in the season finale, as well as gain a new identity as Lady Rainbow in season 2.
- And then she'll "die" again in an early episode of season 2, though it's going to be for a TV episode shoot, and the crew knows better than to make a snuff episode.
- Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Trailer: Whisdame, who first appeared in the last few episodes and wasn't named until episode 32
- Theme Naming: Blatant. Twisted, though, in that all three candidates for Cure Spring had theme names (Kane's is less obvious, but her true name appears to come from the Ah! My Goddess character whose name was supposed to be "Verdandi"), so the Genre Savvy couldn't guess from that.
- The Movie: Word of God says there will be one. It's been postponed to the second season, having previously been axed due to the time it took to deliver episode 22.
- The Power of Friendship: Like all Pretty Cure series, it figures prominently in the storyline. More specifically, it was necessary for the future Cure Spring's heart to be together with the others before she could access her powers.
- This Cannot Be!: Uttered by Furyze, shortly before Cure Spring's attack destroys him.
- Triang Relations: Type One, with Aki and Sakura playing Betty and Veronica to Kozue's Archie; one of the main highlights of their rivalry. In Episode 25, Aki realizes that her love for him doesn't run as deep as she thought, which seemingly clears the way for Sakura.