Time has been damaged, and heroes and villains clash to gain control of the artifacts needed to repair it.
This is one way you can summarize the Fanfiction called The Instruments of Time.
The plot is that time itself has been damaged by unknown means and now there is no more set timeline. Beings from all over the universe's timeline and those of the other worlds
that live in it have been thrown to this new timeline...but the danger of time collapsing is still evident.
The only items that can stop this are the fabled "Instruments of Time" and multiple groups are looking for them. Some are heroic and wish to end this threat to the universe. While the others are evil and wish to use the Instruments to remake the universe in their image.
The teams are devised by readers who submit them, they are allowed to give one good team and one evil team for their construction (provided they obey the rules set by the writer, Adrogoz
, that concern team forming.)The link can be found here
- Abandoned Laboratory: And it's The Aperture laboratory
- Abandoned Warehouse: Bigby's team uses one in Chapter 3.
- Amateur Sleuth: Tintin .
- Anachronism Stew Due to the mixed up timeliness causing realities and timelines to mix up this is a given.
- Apocalypse How: An apocalypse of Omniversal scale and debatable severity occurs before the start of the story and is basically the premise of the story's setting.
- Alternate Timeline: The sword of timelines allows people to choose what timeline is active at any given time so things almost end badly when Dogbert gets it.
- Alternate Continuity: Gorilla Grodd uses the Key to the Past to lock off one second of the Earth's timeline, with the Earth reappearing one second later and his locked-away Earth continuing from that point.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Shifts between storylines, usually with all or allbut one of the teams from the previous arc not showing up and entirely different teams appearing.
- Badass: Pretty much all the characters fall under this category.
- Badguy Bar: Dogbert has a nightclub base in Chapter five.
- Bears Are Bad News: Played straight with Lotso subverted with Po.
- The Bet: Wesley and Sweet Tooth make one about who in their group dies first.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Dogbert's team
- Big Bad Ensemble: So far, Teridax, Dogbert and Biollante.
- Bishōnen: Sephiroth.
- Cast Herd: For the most part, the characters travel in five to six-person groups which generally involve themselves in an arc as a whole: if one person from a team appears, you can be fairly sure the others will too.
- Cat Girl: Taokaka
- Clothes Make the Superman: Several Dantinis get suits that duplicate the powers of one of the teams.
- Combat Medic: Trafalgar Law.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Ghost Rider and Spawn.
- Dem Bones: Jack Skelington.
- Eldritch Abomination: Pennywise.
- Exploding Barrels: Stitch uses these to help him almost kill Carnage.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: or worse seeing as Gorilla Grodd is the ape in question.
- Five-Man Band/Five-Bad Band: Nearly all the teams qualify for this trope to some degree despite varying numbers (usually six). As an example, Woody's team:
- Foreshadowing: The blood samples Dogbert takes in Chapter thirteen, and chapter 22 confirms his plan for them.
- Genius Bruiser: Stitch. [[spoiler: A good chunk of SpaceGodzilla's team can be considered this.
- Gentleman Thief: Lupin III
- The Heartless: The trope codifiers appear in Chapter 19.
- Heel-Face Turn: Registeel vaguely counts, although he was only evil to begin with due to the Cybermen's mind control.
- Immune to Bullets: Deadpool lampshades this in Chapter 2.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Jigen's specialty. Wesley Gibson has this as a power.
- Intrepid Reporter: Tintin
- Killer Rabbit: Bun-Bun. Who also hints Meta Knight could be another, less literal one if he went without the mask. To which Meta Knight replies with his above badass boast, and "A true warrior does not hide behind deception"
- Killer Robot: The Cybermen.
- Large Ham: Cobra Commander.
- Laser Sword: Wielded by Darth Vader.
- Let's Split Up, Gang: Tintin's group tries this strategy once, it doesn't work out, but at least no one died. This was done later after the heroes capture Dogbert. Another version happens later but only by accident.
- Living Toys: Woody and Buzz.
- Loads and Loads of Characters}}
- Macguffin: Seven of them to be exact. The Title's Instruments of Time.
- Master Swordsman: Nightcrawler, he can teleport too.
- Mega Crossover
- Mistaken for Heartless commander: This happens to some people in Chapter 19, and since said group includes Kairi it's pretty clear that a Frame-Up is involved.
- More Dakka: Lotso carries a chaingun.
- Monster Clown: Sweet Tooth.
- Mythology Gag: Sweet Tooth's truck turns into a Giant Mecha.
- Naked on Arrival: this happens to a girl found in the wreckage of Sweet Tooth's mecha.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Dave Strider's fight against Time Eater happened offtext, but we have heard Dave say he sliced him from head to tail.
- One-Winged Angel: When Sweet Tooth's truck turns into a Giant Mecha.
- Origin Story: Dogbert apparently is a grifter from Planet X, whether or not this is true has yet to be determined.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Bigby Wolf (for those not familiar with the series, Bigby is the Big Bad Wolf but he has human form due to contracting lycanthropy.)
- Paper-Thin Disguise: In Chapter Six Tigress uses a hoodie to disguise her appearance. Inanother example, Time Eater's user name is Eater of Time. The letters aren't even swapped in the Homestuck-style two-letter abbrieviation. At least, we assume it's Time Eater...
- Petting Zoo People: Several. Po, Tigress, Lord Shen, Zig-Zag, and (technically) Namah.
- Private Detective: Sherlock Holmes.
- Retgone: Almost happens to a whole town.
- Shape Shifter: Tobias.
- Shooting Superman: In chapter five some people try to shoot Ghost Rider
- Shout-Out: The Fic has a lot of these.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Dogbert hopes to invoke this trope with DNA samples of the heroes.
- Super Speed: Dash's power.
- The Symbiote: Carnage.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Tahu has a code that involves this rule this code is the only reason Dogbert is still alive.
- Title Drop: Whenever somebody refers to the Instruments of Time.
- Too Dumb to Live: The guards of Rabanastre prison, for not realizing Kairi couldn't have summoned the Heartless because she's a Keyblade wielder.
- Token Evil Teammate: Lord Shen
- White Gang Bangers: The Third Street Saints.