Fan Fic: Akira Rebirth
Akira: Rebirth is a fanfic reimagining of Katsuhiro Otomo's epic franchise. The plot and setting is mostly similar, pruning elements of both the manga and anime film, but with a key difference: the titular psychic godchild is now the protagonist.The fic has been deleted from Fanfiction.net.
Akira: Rebirth contains examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: Akira regains his godlike powers, but now has control over them, and with the combined psychic might of his fellow Espers, he sends Tetsuo to a new universe of his own creation. However, they must leave with him. Kaneda finds redemption and settles down with Kei, but its unknown if their relationship will last, seeing as how her brother, Ryu, is now dead. In the new universe, Akira comes to emotional maturity and confirms his love for Kiyoko in the company of Tetsuo and all of the children of the Project.
- Black and Gray Morality / Gray and Gray Morality: There are no clear heroes in the story, and sometimes the sinners have valid reasons or excuses for why they do the things they do. Shukutai, Nezu and Yamada pretty much exist to show off how much better Tetsuo is by comparison. Don't get us started on Akira.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Ralphie's mother would be most displeased with a majority of the characters. Some of it comes from the Espers and Akira himself.
- Heroic BSOD: Akira after Takashi gets killed by Nezu.
- Naked on Arrival: Akira when thawed out.
- Not So Stoic: Again, Akira.
- Shirtless Scene: Akira, Kaneda, and Tetsuo have their shares.
- Sociopathic Soldier: Yamada has no compunction with crossing the line to get the job done, and this actually gets him into deep shit with his superiors.
- The Stoic: Akira.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Akira's father is described as a passive-agressive schmuck who was always disappoint.