"Clu dashed into the portal and released the grip on Kevin's disc, the master key to transport any program to the analog reality. As the disc floated up and he turned into light, he managed to shout out a final "A whole new world awaits!""A Whole New World
is an Alternate Universe
story based on TRON: Legacy
, where, during the movie's final confrontation, Clu managed to reach the real world. Here, he soon discovers that objects and individuals originating from the Grid keep obeying the same physical laws they did in the Grid. He eventually uses this fact and his extreme resemblance to Kevin Flynn to Take Over the World
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: identity discs work as such in the real world.
- Deadpan Snarker: Clu's general attitude toward people who oppose him. This may or may not involve killing or mutilating them.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Pretty much all three lead characters - Sam and Kevin Flynn, and Quorra - are killed suddenly and without much fanfare. It's all still very unsettling, though you'd think Clu would make a bigger deal about killing the last ISO, finally wiping them out completely.
- Evil Twin: Clu is this to Kevin Flynn. He uses this in order to impersonate Kevin Flynn and set his plan in motion from within Encom.
- Fictional Counterpart: Encom is implied to be a stand-in for Apple, with products like the EncomPhone and the EncomPad. There is also a Shout-Out to Microsoft, with OS12 Second Edition.
- Happily Ever After: deconstructed in chapter 9, where Clu forces a perennial status of artificial happiness on the entire humankind simply by a continuous stimulation of the pleasure center in the brain. This is the only reason for humans to live happily ever after.
- Hollywood Atlas: the description of how the various populations react to the invasion in chapter 8 is made out of more or less subverted National Stereotypes.
- Hollywood Hacking: in few minutes, Clu creates a worm that spreads all over the world ignoring all security measures and deletes every warezed copy of OS12.
- Meaningful Name: one of Clu's soldiers is named Banach. His special skill is the ability to split an object into a finite number of non-overlapping pieces and rearrange them into two copies of said object.
- Off with His Head!: Clu does this to Sam Flynn and to a random biker in Chapter 2. A Black Guard does this to the Italian Prime Minister in Chapter 8.
- Recursive Canon: the game Tron 2.0 is mentioned as existing in the story as a game released by Encom, telling a "fictionalized" account of events that happened in 2003 to Jet Bradley. Chapter 9 contains another nod to it, where Jet, now rectified, is referred to as "Alan Two" and described as wearing a variation of the outfit he wore in the game (orange instead of blue).
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: explicitly stated in chapter 6 as the reason why Clu's soldiers would need More Dakka in order to conquer the real world.
- Up to Eleven: in chapter 10, after Clu's plans of conquering the world succeeded brilliantly, Rinzler asks what they are supposed to do next. Clu reveals his plan to conquer the whole universe.
- Villain Protagonist: This fanfic focuses on Clu.