YMMV: A Whole New World
- Mary Sue: Discussed in chapter 5, where Clu implies that Jet Bradley's Author Insertion in Tron 2.0 (presented here as a game by Encom) is only an excuse for such a character. When asked, he also admits to know about TV Tropes.
- Memetic Mutation: Despite being presented as dark and dramatic, the story contains several references to Internet memes.
- Chapter 4: Clu is "behind seven proxies" when he releases the worm.
- Chapter 7: when asked if he is joking, Clu replies that the order he just gave is "serious business".
- Chapter 8: Russian pilots attempt to pull an "In Soviet Russia" on Clu's invading force. It does not end well.
- Nightmare Fuel: This fanfiction is filled to the brim with it.
- Tearjerker: The deaths of Quorra, Sam, and Kevin. Quorra because she was the last ISO (and... well, it's Quorra). Sam because he sees Clu materializing in the real world, and just sounds so excited to see Quorra, only to get his head lopped off. And Kevin, not only because he is deleted, but because the last thing he probably did was mourn over his son's decapitated corpse.