Tim Todd is the creator of "The Truth for Youth"
comics. Basically, these comics are like more "sane" Chick Tracts
, but with edgier, anime-style drawings
. The only difference are that is art is more polished and you have pay money to see the rest of the comics. At least with Jack Chick, he gives his tracts for free with no thought of making a buck.
The comics cover the following:
- Safe Sex
- Rock Music
- School Violence
- Peer Pressure
- And Harry Potter
Tim Todd's comic books have examples of:
- All Cavemen Were Neanderthals: Inverted. Apparently he thinks Neanderthals didn't exist at all.
- Apathetic Citizens: The school staff are amazingly blase about school shootings, and are apparently more worried about a kid wearing a religious shirt than, y'know, the fact that two people just got shot.
- Author Tract
- Bold Inflation
- Hollywood Evolution: Complete lack of knowledge about how evolution works is pretty much par for the course in something like this.
- Poe's Law: Since Chick Tracts already exist, you can't help but wonder what is going on in Tim's head.
- Product Placement
- Totally Radical: In the Harry Potter parody, words like "wicked", "buggin'", "slammin'" and "weenie" get used a lot (mostly by the girl). It wouldn't be completely unrealistic if the kids' parents really are the born again, no cursing type, but once it gets to "No Diggity", you've just made me and baby Jesus cry.