Creator / Sting Entertainment
"...and it is developed by one third of The Police"
『株式会社スティング』 is a relatively small Japanese company that provides phone services and enjoys making games with unusual systems or concepts. Shinichi Ito is one of their head designers. They've gained notoriety for remaking some of their more successful games over and over and over
, but recently they've been branching out and have been producing more new games. Their company name is sometimes stylized as ST!NG
Many of their games have cellphone minigame spinoffs that no one outside of Japan gets to play
, as our cellphones just can't handle them yet.
Most of Sting's recent games have been published by Atlus
, and in Atlus of Japan has signed a deal with them to be their exclusive publisher. Despite this, a lot of Sting's recent games have been suffering from No Export for You
, as Atlus USA has chosen not to localize them.
Sting formed a partnership with fellow company Idea Factory
in 2012, and some games they make together have been released under the joint company name of Super Sting.
They are particularly known for their absolute love of Gratuitous English
Sting's titles include the following:
- Treasure Hunter G, for the Super Famicom (1996)
- Baroque and its many spinoffs and remakes, originally for the Sega Saturn (1998)
- The Evolution series:
- The Dept. Heaven series, which will eventually include nine games (plus spinoffs):
- Dokapon Kingdom and its many spinoffs and remakes, originally for the PS2 (2007)
- Hexyz Force, a new game developed for the PSP (2009) and released by Atlus in English May 2010.
- Generation of Chaos VI (Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection in North America), the latest fantasy RPG in one of Idea Factory's long-running series (PSP, June 2012; localized by NISA in February 2013)
- Date A Live: Rinne Utopia, a game based on the light novel series; co-developed with Compile Heart (PS3, Summer 2013)
- Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, a Turn-Based Strategy spinoff in the Neptunia series; co-developed with Compile Heart (Play Station Vita, Spring 2014; published by Idea Factory in all territories)