Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress best known for playing Sansa Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones. In January 2015 it was anounced that she was cast as a young Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse.
- Dawson Casting: Averted, although it looks like it's played straight beginning with season 3. When the pilot for Game of Thrones was shot, Sophie was thirteen, and her character, according to the producers, was thirteen. Season three, the first made after she hit puberty, has her age at fourteen, making her a few years older than Sansa.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Sophie is naturally blonde and had to dye her hair to play Sansa, who is a Red-Headed Heroine. For a period in Seasons 4 & 5 this goes Up to Eleven as her character is dyes her hair In-Universe - so she's a blonde, playing a red-headed, who is pretending to have dark-brown/black hair.
- Dye Hard: She has kept her red hair for every role she's had (including notable redhead superhero Jean Grey), to the point that it's jarring to see her as a blonde.
- Name's the Same: The other Sophie Turner is a much older Australian model.
- Oh Crap! There Are Fanfics of Us...: Behold, her interview with Access Hollywood. That being said, Sophie's actually cool with the pairing, if not an actual shipper.Access: Have you seen the things people put on the internet – they did it to Gendry and Arya. There’s a whole group of fans obsessed with Sandor and Sansa. They gave them a supercouple style combination name – ‘San-San.’Sophie: Yeah! I’ve had a lot of Tweets about that – ‘Oh, what’s happening with ‘San-San’?’ And I didn’t know what it was, so I Googled it, and up pops all these kind of forums and things and I’m like, ‘What is this?’ I think I’m kind of aware of the massive amount of fans that want something to happen between Sansa and Sandor.
- Shipper on Deck: No one ships Sansa and Margaery like Sophie Turner.
- Statuesque Stunner: Reported as 5'9'' she's as tall as most of her male costars. Out of character, when in heels, she towers over almost all of them.
- Toilet Humor: When asked what would it take for Sansa to laugh, she replied that a fart would because she thinks that's always funny.