KAAAAA... MEEEEE... HAAAAAAAAAA... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
DESCRIBE... Sean Schemmel... HEEEEEERRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
. Plain and simple.
Sean Schemmel started dubbing in 1999. His first (and breakout) role would be the providing the voice for Goku in Dragon Ball Z
(in other words, he became the English voice of possibly the most powerful and famous Shōnen
hero of all time). He originally wanted one of the villain roles, since he only saw a few episodes of the series before being cast, and NEVER knew who Goku was before walking into the recording studio! Once he saw that he was pasted on all the posters on the wall, he realized he was cast as "The Guy"! With Kai
, and new video game adaptations, he is still voicing Goku to this day.
He did some other roles for FUNimation
before moving to New York to work for 4Kids Entertainment
. Still occasionally returns to FUNimation, since Kai
is recorded there today, and since 4Kids Entertainment currently has less work available.
He has a MAJOR voice range
; no pigeon hole
And his scream, EPICALLY!
. His screams are often recycled any time any other
character needs to scream in the same show! This alone makes for Absolute Crowning Moment Of Awesome
Notable roles from Sean Schemmel:
- Mr. Akashi and Shigeru Murota in YuYu Hakusho
- Amidamaru in Shaman King
- Batman in The Dark Knight Rises Android Game. Yes, Goku is also the Goddamn Batman.
- Black Narcissus in Sonic X
- Bobassa in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Dickie Ranford in Speed Racer: The Next Generation
- Elliot Grant in Mew Mew Power
- Fender in Car's Life 2
- Gaston and Conrad in Berserk. Lampshaded in the Outtakes, where Guts asks "So, which one of you is Goku?"
- Adult Goku in the Dragon Ball series
- Gonard (and additional voices) in Kappa Mikey, who is rumored to be a Goku Expy. He stated it was a coincidence. He also voices nearly all the Large Ham Villains Of The Week.
- Hamilton Horstachio in Viva Pinata
- Mr. Haywood in Magical DoReMi
- Helmeppo, Hachi, and Kuroobi in the 4Kids dub of One Piece
- Morrison, Archie, Juan, and Cyrus in Pokémon
- Onsokumaru, the lecherous, round, yellow... thing... in Ninja Nonsense
- Ricardo Gomez in Shadow Hearts: From the New World
- Sh'Okanabo, Constable Biggles, Master Khan, and about three dozen minor characters in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Sun Wukong in Smite, who unfortunately lacks a Kamehameha to complete the circle.
- Zander in Dinosaur King
Apologies from stealing the Nobuyuki Hiyama
joke from his page.