The blue eyes really stand out, don't you think?
Paul Bettany is an English actor. Born in 1971, he had his breakout role
as a naked Geoffrey Chaucer
in A Knight's Tale
, which is probably saying something, and has since starred in a wide variety of movies where he usually steals all the scenes he's in. He's married to actress Jennifer Connelly
Some of his more notable roles include:
Examples concerning this actor:
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Bettany states he does all his action films like Legion and Priest because he enjoys them just as much as the dramatic, artsy films.
- Dyeing for Your Art:
- Went to the gym for six months while filming Legion. He hated it.
- His hair was dyed brunette for Master and Commander.
- Money, Dear Boy: He admits that his performances as JARVIS are mainly for this, and he doesn't even watch the movies. Playing the Vision, however, got him more excited, as it was a more complex challenge than voice acting.
"I used to be in a studio for 45 minutes and do J.A.R.V.I.S. and get a huge bag of cash and go my way like a burglar, and now they want me to work for my money. Which is great and sweaty and hot, which youíll realize once they unveil everything. Itís really f***ing cool. Itís great to join this train which is on really clear tracks."
- Mr. Fanservice: His directors seem well aware of his appeal.
- Old Shame: Actively discourages anybody from trying to watch Dead Babies.
- Romance on the Set: Met Jennifer Connelly while filming A Beautiful Mind. They later acted together as husband and wife in Creation.
- Actor Allusion: Connelly also had a short cameo as Dustfinger's girlfriend/soon-to-be-wife in Inkheart.
- What Could Have Been: Was offered the part of the king in The King's Speech, but didn't take it.