Olga Kostyantynivna Kurylenko (born November 14, 1979) is a Ukrainian-born French actress and model. She grew up in poverty in Ukraine before she was discovered by a scout on the Moscow subway while on holiday with her mother and subsequently became a successful model in France, where she took citizenship. She rose to prominence for her roles as Nika Boronina in the movie adaptation of the video game Hitman (2007), and a Bond girl, Camille Montes, who has made it her life's mission to avenge the death of her family in the 22nd James Bond film, Quantum of Solace (2008). She also starred as Etain in Centurion and had supporting roles as Angela in Seven Psychopaths and The Vampiress in Paris, je t'aime. She also starred in Oblivion and To the Wonder. She plays Vera Evans in the series Magic City.She is noted for her ability to act in English, French and Russian, for taking on many Action Girl and Dark Action Girl roles... and for taking off her clothes in many of her films.
Tropes related to this actress' works:
- Action Girl: Plays one in Quantum of Solace, Kirot, Centurion and sees some action in Oblivion.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Has a tendency to play composed, distant or downright aloof characters.
- Advertised Extra: Appears in the trailers and on the poster for Seven Psychopaths, even though she only has about five minutes of screentime.
- Brownface: Donned it for Quantum of Solace.
- The Cameo: In Seven Psychopaths.
- Chronically Killed Actor: It is easier to count the number of films she does not die in.
- Everything's Sexier in French: Is a French citizen and speaks as well as acts in the language.
- Genki Girl: Seems this way from her Twitter and interviews.
- Sensual Slavs: Being a model from Eastern Europe helps. She played a Russian Hooker with a Heart of Gold in Hitman and the Femme Fatale she plays in Quantum of Solace had a Russian mother, most notably.
- Vampires Are Sex Goddesses: Portrayed a very sexy vampiress in Paris, je t'aime and the people behind Vampire Academy are going for the younger and sexier route for her version of Headmistress Ellen Kirova.