Michael Charles Chiklis (born August 30, 1963) is an Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actor, producer, director, musician and philanthropist. He is an American of Greek and Irish descent.
- 1995 Nixon as TV Director
- 1998 Taxman as Andre Rubakov
- 1998 Soldier as Jimmy Pig
- 2001 Spirited Away as Chihiro's father (in the English dub)
- 2005 Fantastic Four as Ben Grimm/The Thing
- 2007 Rise: Blood Hunter as Clyde Rawlins
- 2007 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer as Ben Grimm/The Thing
- 2008 Eagle Eye as Defense Secretary Callister
- 2013 Parker as Melander
- 1989 Wiseguy as Carlo Spoletta
- 1991–1996 The Commish as Tony Scali
- 2002-2008 The Shield as Vic Mackey
- 2010–2011 No Ordinary Family as Jim Powell
- 2012-2013 Vega$ as Vincent Savino
- 2014-2015 American Horror Story: Freak Show as Dell Toledo
- 2014 Sons of Anarchy as Milo
- 2015-present Gotham as Nathaniel Barnes
- 2018 DuckTales (2017) as the voice of Zeus
- Bald of Awesome: Since shaving what remained of his hair off (see Prematurely Bald, below) for The Shield, he plays these characters almost exclusively.
- The Big Guy: He is frequently cast in these sorts of roles, on account of his stocky physique. His Smart Guy roles are invariably Genius Bruisers, and his Heroes and Lancers inevitably overlap with Big-Guydom.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor:
- Parody Assistance: He voiced Vic Mackey and the Thing in the Robot Chicken sketch "The Fantastic SHIELD", a crossover between The Shield and Fantastic Four.
- Prematurely Bald: Early in his career, he played a role that required his head to be covered in grease paint. He waited too long before washing it off and discovered that the lack of oxygen had killed off a large portion of his hair follicles.
- Took a Level in Badass: A Real Life version. After portraying Curly in a Three Stooges TV movie, Chiklis grew unsatisfied with the direction of his career. To reinvent his image, his wife spent six months helping him with a new workout regimen. Then he shaved his head, and showed up to audition for The Shield looking like a scary badass who bore little resemblance to the lovable, pudgy "Commish" types he'd played up to that point.