Michael Charles Chiklis (August 30, 1963-) is an Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actor, producer, director, musician and philanthropist. He is an American of Greek and Irish descent.
- 1995 Nixon as TV Director
- 1998 Taxman as Andre Rubakov
- 1998 Soldier as Jimmy Pig
- 2001 Spirited Away as Chihiro's father
- 2005 Fantastic Four as Ben Grimm/The Thing
- 2007 Rise: Blood Hunter as Clyde Rawlins
- 2007 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer as Ben Grimm/The Thing
- 2008 Eagle Eye as Defense Secretary Callister
- 2013 Parker as Melander
- 1989 Wiseguy as Carlo Spoletta
- 1991–1996 The Commish as Tony Scali
- 2002-2008 The Shield as Vic Mackey
- 2010–2011 No Ordinary Family as Jim Powell
- 2012-2013 Vega$ as Vincent Savino
- 2014-present American Horror Story: Freak Show as Dell Toledo
- 2014-present Sons of Anarchy as Milo
- Bald of Awesome: Since shaving what remained of his hair off (see Prematurely Bald, below) for The Shield, he plays these characters almost exclusively.
- The Big Guy: He is frequently cast in these sorts of roles, on account of his stocky physique. His Smart Guy roles are invariably Genius Bruisers, and his Heroes and Lancers inevitably overlap with Big-Guydom.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: The guy who played violent, corrupt sociopath Vic Mackey drove himself hoarse doing his Thing voice at autograph signings (which he never turns down), because he "couldn't say 'no' to an 8-year-old."
- His charity resume is almost as long as his filmography.
- Old Shame: He hated doing Wired. See below.
- Parody Assistance: He voiced Vic Mackey and the Thing in the Robot Chicken sketch "The Fantastic SHIELD", a crossover between The Shield and Fantastic Four.
- Prematurely Bald: Early in his career, he played a role that required his head to be covered in grease paint. He waited too long before washing it off and discovered that the lack of oxygen had killed off a large portion of his hair follicles.
- Promoted Fanboy: He grew up reading The Fantastic Four, and played his favorite character, Ben Grimm, in the 2005 and 2007 films.
- Star-Derailing Role: Wired was commercially unsuccessful and critically panned, and almost killed his career in the crib. He didn't work again for almost two years, and he didn't really recover until...
- Star-Making Role/Career Resurrection: ...The Shield, and to a lesser extent, Fantastic Four, put him back on the map in a big way.
- Took a Level in Badass: A Real Life version. After portraying Curly in a Three Stooges TV movie, Chiklis grew unsatisfied with the direction of his career. To reinvent his image, his wife spent six months helping him with a new workout regimen. Then he shaved his head, and showed up to audition for The Shield looking like a scary badass who bore little resemblance to the lovable, pudgy "Commish" types he'd played up to that point.