American actor, singer and all-round cutie patootie.In 2006 he originated the role of the radical Melchior Gabor in Spring Awakening, earning himself a Tony nomination. Well known for playing Jesse St. James on Glee opposite Spring Awakening co star and platonic life partner Lea Michele. He used to date fellow geek icon Zachary Quinto, aka He Of The Magnificent Eyebrows.He voiced the character Kristoff (and his reindeer Sven) in Frozen, and stars in HBO's comedy-drama, Looking. He also played Craig Donner in HBO's telefilm adaptation of The Normal Heart, to much critical acclaim, and King George III in the new Broadway musical, Hamilton.
This actor provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Shares this quality with Kristoff
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Both Melchior and Jesse St. James.
- Anti-Hero: Melchior Gabor.
- Babies Ever After: Hinted at in the finale of "Glee" after his and Rachel's epic reunion. In the flashforward, they are happily married and Rachel is pregnant - with Kurt and Blaine's child, as a surrogate. Jesse states that he and Rachel are planning to start "a little co-production of our own" soon.
- Big Ham: Just listen to his songs from the Hamilton cast recording. King George III puts the HAM into Hamilton.
- Captain Obvious:Jesse St. James: I've got a full ride to a little school called the University of California Los Angeles. Maybe you've heard of it. It's in Los Angeles.
- Fan Nickname: 'Groffsauce'. Bestowed on him courtesy of one Mr Lin Manuel Miranda. It's caught on.
- Gay Best Friend: To Lea Michele
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: By all accounts
- Promoted Fanboy: To Sutton Foster. He saw her six times in Thoroughly Modern Millie in high school, and now they're friends and colleagues.
- Those Two Actors: With Lea Michele and now Idina Menzel.
- Yandere: He describes his character King George III from Hamilton as a 'scorned lover', Fatal Attraction style - towards AMERICA.Jonathan: You feel like at any moment, he's going to flip his shit.