Creator: Jerry Peet
aka: Valkyr Studios
Jerry Peet is a Youtube producer and comedian/critic specializing in animation, television and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. His Primary works are a riff show titled ''In A Minute'' and a more general pundit/opinion show titled ''Glass of Water''.
Jerry's Work Contains Elements Of
- Bias Steamroller
- Fluttershy episodes centered around her anxiety with crowds are likely going to find their way to his "Worst Episodes" lists.
- Video Games (or any media in general) where female characters are dressed for fanservice while serving some form of combat role will always be heavily criticized for this.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters became this after Jerry watched The Legend of Korra. Villains designed in this way are likely to be compared to whatever message board is currently giving him a headache.
- Boomerang Bigot: Jerry repeatedly calls Native American traditions and culture "obsolete" and comes down very hard on the side of the Settler Ponies in his Over A Barrel review with Josh Scorcher. He is primarily of Cherokee descent.
- Complaining about Complaining: Glass of Water - Theory Weary
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fan Hater: Jerry has a very low opinion of his viewers.Viewer: "Jerry, why don't you ever do response videos?"Jerry: "Because I don't trust any of you to behave yourselves."
- Large Ham: Jerry's arrogance is admittedly this in spades.
- YMMV on the honesty of that. See Poe's Law
- I Hate Past Me: Jerry has a great amount of disdain for the kind of person he was before the "Down With Molestia" incident.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Jerry's Glass of Water puppet is a mare.
- Jerkass Realization: See this post.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Jerry's web persona is a smug, lecturing narcissist that camps somewhere between Jim Sterling and Red Foreman. In person (or Skype), however, Jerry is often very polite.Viewer: "What is your worst experience with a fan in real life?"Jerry: "There isn't one. In person, they're a delight. I always look forward to encounters or Skype calls with fans."
- Motor Mouth
- Running Gag
- In A Minute frequently dubs over musical numbers with The Annoying Song
- Glass of Water always ends with the phrase "I'm Jerry, and I need a glass of water."
- As of the recent visual overhaul, this phrase has been retired. Jerry has now taken to drinking water during the show.
- Ship Tease
- Jerry's affectionate manner toward Nintendogal leads to this.
- Jerry's line "I love you too Josh... all of the homo" in his collab with Josh Scorcher led to this as well.
- Jerry admits to having a genuine crush on Josh.
- Jerry's gushing over Adagio Dazzle has led to a metric ton of this.
- Jerry once off-handedly stated that Mad Munchkin was one of his favorite Youtubers. You can probably see where this is going...
- Smug Snake: Glass of Water contains much of Jerry's signature arrogance.
- The recent update that added a typical MLP Analysis Puppet seems to have reflected this.