Creator: Hank Azaria
Henry Albert "Hank" Azaria (April 25, 1964-) is an American actor. Ever since 1990, he has voiced many secondary characters from The Simpsons, (the Curtain Call at the end of The Simpsons Movie credits him for more characters than any of the other actors, with a whopping ten roles!) and has done several notable roles that prompt a Hey, It's That Guy! response.Much like Dan Castellaneta and Harry Shearer, Azaria voices a lot of male characters that aren't voiced by other voice actors (like Phil Hartman, Karl Weidergott, Chris Edgerly, or any of the female voice actors who play boy characters) or a celebrity guest star. From The Simpsons alone, he notably voices: miserable, suicidal, Jerkass bartender Moe Szyslak; Surfer Dude career criminal Snake Jailbird; fat, incompetent town cop Chief Clancy Wiggum; Asian (Indian) Kwik-E-Mart clerk Apu Nahasapeemapetilon; the "Sarcastic Middle Aged Clerk" who sounds like Charles Bronson (his real name was said to be Raphael, according to the season 12 episode "Day of the Jackanapes"); smug, fat nerd/Android Dungeon store owner Jeff Albertson (better known as Comic Book Guy); Milhouse's loser father, Kirk van Houten; Duff Beer's macho mascot, Duffman; Homer's Token Black friend, Carl Carlson; the replacement voice for Akira, the Japanese sushi restauranteur and, in season three's "When Flanders Failed," a karate teachernote and many more minor instances.He also voiced Edward Brock/Venom in Spider-Man: The Animated Series and Bartok the bat in Anastasia.On the side of live action appearances, Azaria's has performed in more diverse roles, which include:
- Jay Nichols in Herman's Head, which he considers an Old Shame, along with fellow Simpsons voice actress Yeardley Smith.
- Nat the Dog Walker in Mad About You
- Phoebe's scientist boyfriend David in Friends
- Alan Marciano in Heat; perhaps best known as the slimeball surprised by Al Pacino's improvised "Cause she got a GREAT ASS!" bit.
- Agador the houseboy in The Birdcage
- Kahmunrah in Night at the Museum Battle At The Smithsonian
- Simon Pegg's Jerk Jock nemesis Whit in Run Fat Boy Run.
- The Blue Rajah in Mystery Men
- Ed Cochran in Ray Donovan
- Victor "The Animal" Palotti (AKA the cameraman who almost got squished by Zilla) in Godzilla (1998)