Creator: Simon Pegg
Simon Pegg (February 14, 1970-) is a British actor and comedian who has had breakout success in a wide range of movies.He began as a TV actor and gained success for Spaced, which he co-wrote with Jessica Hynes. He later collaborated with Spaced helmer Edgar Wright and actor Nick Frost on Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Since then, Pegg has starred in a few films and was cast as Scotty in J. J. Abrams' reboot of Star Trek.Pegg is known for his quick-witted and sarcastic characters, and for often playing a slacker. He's quickly become a poster boy for nerd culture for many minor projects like a one-episode role in Doctor Who and his two-man re-enactment of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.He admits that he hates being famous. He warns anybody seeking for fame that "It's like jumping into a pool full of sharks."
- Shaun of the Dead (2004)
- Mission: Impossible III (2006)
- Big Nothing (2006)
- Free Jimmy (2006)
- Hot Fuzz (2007)
- Run, Fat Boy, Run! (2007)
- How To Lose Friends And Alienate People (2008)
- Star Trek (2009)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)
- Burke and Hare (2010)
- Paul (2011)
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
- The Adventures of Tintin (2011) In motion capture role partnered with Nick Frost.
- A Fantastic Fear Of Everything (2012)
- Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- The World's End (2013)
- Hector And The Search For Happiness (2014)
- Kill Me Three Times (2014)
- The Boxtrolls (2014)
- Man Up (2015)
His TV Roles:
- Asylum (1996)
- Is It Bill Bailey? (1998)
- Big Train (1998-2002)
- Spaced (1999-2001)
- Doctor Who (2005)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2012)
- Mob City (2013)
This actor provides examples of:
- Ascended Fanboy:
- His role in Star Trek.
- On his sudden fame after Shaun of the Dead: "Well, it's not like I'm going to go do Mission: Impossible III!"
- He's apparently putting aside his vitriol for the Prequels in order to play an Original Trilogy character, Dengar on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Voicing Johnny Alpha on the Big Finish audio adaptations.
- He and his daughter are huge fans of Phineas and Ferb, and tweeting an obscure reference from the show got him cast in an episode. Didn't hurt that co-creator Jeff "Swampy" Marsh is a huge fan of Spaced.
- Comic Book Fantasy Casting: As Wee Hughie, the protagonist of The Boys. Confirmed by Word of God on several occasions.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Nick Frost.
- One of Us: Goes without saying; look at his list of credits, side projects and header image.
- Playing Against Type:
- In Hot Fuzz, Pegg is much more of a straight man than his normal persona.
- In Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, his comic lab-rat role in the previous film is upgraded to being in the field with the rest of the IMF team on the run, meaning he gets in on the gun-wielding action and even gets to pull the badass-with-sunglasses pose on the main poster alongside the more imposing Tom Cruise and Jeremy Renner. He does opt out of helping Ethan Hunt with a physically demanding task at one point, quipping, "I'm on the computer."
- Type Casting
- What Could Have Been: Reportedly, he was supposed to play Pete Tyler on Doctor Who, but scheduling got in the way, and he ended up playing the Editor of Satellite Five instead.