Deep Roy is a very short (4'4", or 132cm) Indian/Kenyan/British actor who is one of only two people to have appeared in all of the "big three" Science Fiction mega-franchises: Star Trek, Star Wars and Doctor Who (the other is Simon Pegg). He has also appeared in many other famous SF works, including Tim Burton's film version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, in which he played all the Oompa Loompas.Not to be confused with Kiran Shah, another Kenyan-born little person of Indian descent who began acting in The '70s and is less than a year older than Deep Roy. You can see how people would get them mixed up.
His roles include:
- Alien from L.A. — Mambino
- Big Fish — Mr. Soggybottom
- Blake's 7 — multiple roles, mostly under heavy make-up as small aliens. The only role in which you get to see what he really looks like is as the Kloot in "Gambit".
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory — all the Oompa Loompas
- Doctor Who — Mr. Sin in The Talons of Weng-Chiang
- Flash Gordon — Princess Aura's Pet
- Freaked — deformed midget
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! — Post Office Clerk
- The Neverending Story — Teeny Weeny (the racing snail rider)
- The New Avengers — Klokoe in "Target!"
- The Pink Panther Strikes Again — Italian assassin
- Planet of the Apes remake — Gorilla kid
- Return to Oz — The Tin Man
- Star Trek — Keenser (Scotty's offsider)
- Return of the Jedi — Droopy McCool (one of the musicians at Jabba's palace), in a meta-example of Awesome McCool Name.
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen — Egyptian guard
- The X-Files — Beggar Man in "Badlaa"