Creator: George Lazenby
George Robert Lazenby (born 5 September 1939) is an Australian actor, former car salesman and model. He is certainly best known for portraying James Bond in one single film, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. He is also the only actor who didn't originate from the British isles to have portrayed him, as well as the only professional martial artist in the role (he has a Black Belt in Shotokan-Ryu Karate). His contract was for 7 movies, but he left because of the troubled filming and his manager thought spy movies were getting outdated, believing hippy movies were the way to go. After a couple of hippie movie flops, Lazenby finally decided he had enough and fired him.He was a close personal friend of Bruce Lee. He met Lee in 1972 and the two became fast friends. Lazenby studied Lee's personal martial arts and philosophical teaching of "Jeet Kune Do" until the time of Lee's death in 1973. Lazenby was actually going to have dinner with Bruce the night he died.In his post-Bond career, Lazenby has acted in TV movies, commercials, various recurring roles in TV series, several Bond movies spoofs, TV guest appearances, provided voice for several animated movies and series, and several Hong Kong action films, using his martial arts expertise.
Other works he has appeared in include:
- Universal Soldier (1971) as Ryker
- The Man From Hong Kong as the Big Bad, Jack Wilton.
- The Kentucky Fried Movie as The Architect (segment "That's Armageddon")
- Gettysburg as Brigadier general J. Johnston Pettigrew
- The Emmanuelle TV movie series as Mario
- The Pretender as Major Charles (4 episodes)
- Batman Beyond (voice) as the King of the Royal Flush Gang
- Twin Sitters (1994) as Leland Stromm.