Creator: Colm Meaney
- "Talking about the show reminds you of things that you went through. So it's fun. When the show was on, I couldn't have handled it. I didn't want that direct connection."—Colm Meaney, on his time working on Star Trek
Roles of Note:
- As previously noted, his role as Chief O'Brien in the Star Trek Universe
- Stargate Atlantis as Cowen
- The Dead as Mr. Bergin
- Die Hard 2 as a pilot
- Dick Tracy in a bit part as a cop
- Under Siege as Doumer
- The Last of the Mohicans as Major Ambrose
- The Snapper as Dessie Curley
- Con Air as Duncan Malloy
- Layer Cake as Gene
- The Damned United as Don Revie
- Law Abiding Citizen as Detective Dunnigan
- Get Him to the Greek as Jonathan Snow
- The Conspirator as General David Hunter
- Hell on Wheels as Thomas "Doc" Durant
- The Road To Wellville as Lionel Badger
Tropes affiliated with the man include:
- Captain Ersatz: A very strange example in that he played the father of the family in all three adaptations of Roddy Doyle's Barrytown Trilogy. Due to licensing issues, the characters from The Commitments were not allowed to be used for The Snapper, so the family was changed. The same thing happened again for The Van, making his character in that film a Captain Ersatz of a Captain Ersatz.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: In part due to his Irish heritage, he's appeared in a lot of British flicks like Layer Cake and The Damned United.
- His Irish heritage also guarantees him bit parts in films about historic New York like Far And Away, among others.