Comic Book / Negation
is a Comic Book
published by CrossGen
. It tells the story of a group of mismatched characters who suddenly themselves transported to another universe.
The series lasted 27 issues, with four trade paperbacks being released.
This series contains examples of the following tropes:
- Alien Landmass: The first, prequel issue begins with one hundred abductees waking up on a strange planet where everything feels "wrong". The sun comes and goes as it pleases, the rocks have ribbed surfaces, hook in crescent shapes topped off by horns, and some are covered in odd sludge and are filled with bones. The only edible plants grow eyeballs as fruit. The finale to the prequel reveals that the planet is a testing ground within a parallel universe, and the enemies conducting the experiment are invaders testing the limits of people from our universe.
- Arc Symbol: The Sigil, eponymous sign from The Sigil, is a red-and-yellow mark which serves as both the CrossGen company logo, and is the source of supernatural power for many of its characters, being imprinted on their body.
- Badass Normal: Obregon Kaine, a human with no superhuman qualities.
- Destructo-Nookie: Evinlea and Charon engage in this in issue #26, resulting in the population of an entire planet being wiped out.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "BOHICA," which stands for "Bend over, here it comes again."
- God Couple: Charon and Evinlea, after they hook up in issue #26.
- God-Emperor: Charon, the Emperor of the Negation, is regarded as a god.
- Hot God: Evinlea is quite beautiful.
- Jerkass Goddess: Evinlea is arrogant and concerned only with her own affairs.