Based on a concept created by Neil Gaiman
and spinoff of Mr Hero: The Newmatic Man
, its spinoff, Neil Gaiman's Teknophage
ran for ten issues and its sequel, Neil Gaiman's Phage: Shadow Death
ran for six issues as well as gaining a crossover comic with Primortal's Zeerus under the title Teknophage vs Zeerus
under the short-lived Teknocomix label.
This series contains examples of:
- Another Dimension: Kalighoul
- Body Horror: Mackaboy gets devoured by the Phage, but still clings on to surviving. When he's finally thrown up and out of the Phage's body, his entire skin and hair are gone and he is put into a giant jar to keep alive.
- The Chessmaster: Henry Phage.
- Eye Scream: The Phage had a use for every part of a human, including the soul. Before you were tossed into the pit that would presumably render you down for parts, they sucked your eyes out with a vacuum device so you wouldn't have to see what was about to happen to you (the closest thing to 'mercy' that the Phage had.)
- Mind Rape: How the Phage is able to read people's minds.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Phage himself.
- Villain Protagonist: Henry Phage himself.