open/close all folders
Sugar, spice, and everything nice
These were the ingredients chosen
To create the perfect little girls
But Professor Utonium accidentally
Added an extra ingredients to the concoction—
Thus, The Powerpuff Girls were born
Using their ultra-super powers
Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup
Have dedicated their lives to fighting crime
And the forces of evil
BlossomBlossom is the "commander and the leader" of the Powerpuff Girls, still sporting her signature red bow. An AP student, she also does a lot of volunteer work and is the head (as well as the best dancer) in her dance troupe. To a lot of people, she's a perfect girl, and she aspires to use that image to set a good example for others. She is the calmest and most rational of the group, although she tends to get angry easily when the Rowdyruff Boys are concerned.She has been forced/persuaded a few times to be a dance partner to Brick, often arranged by Mrs. Morbucks.
- Aggressive Submissive: Although she is usually cold and at times bossy, especially towards the boys and her sisters, she becomes a lot more demure when she talks to potential love interests, something that is very noticeable when she dances with Kris and Brick at Prom.
- A Protagonist Shall Lead Them
- Arch-Enemy: Early in the story, the two of them acted like the other was vitriol.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Brick.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Cindy's Betty.
- Black and White Morality: Her view on good and evil. In the beginning of the story she immediately distrusts and demonizes the Rowdyruff Boys because they had been evil the last time they met.
- Class Representative
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: The training regime she puts the dancers of her troupe through is compared to that of a Nazi.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy: Blossom usually gives a curtsy at the end of her dances.
- Fiery Redhead: Has shades of this at times, although this aspect of her personality is mostly present when dealing with the boys.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sister to both Bubbles and Buttercup, although a little more towards Buttercup, who is always disobeying her orders and has a Hair-Trigger Temper.
- Genius Bruiser
- Ice Queen: Has shades of this, although she keeps her icy demeanor mostly towards potential love interests and the Rowdyruff Boys (especially Brick).
- The Idealist
- The Ingenue: Has shades of this. She refuses to show much skin, is awkward around boys, and is hesitant around sexual situations such as when Brick is walking around shirtless and she looks away.
- Lady of War
- Lethal Chef: She's never allowed to work in the kitchen besides handing out the ingredients.
- Long Hair Is Feminine
- Ojou: Of the Ice Queen variety.
- The Paladin
- Pink Means Feminine
- Rapunzel Hair: Like in the show, Blossom still has very long hair, although it's not stated exactly how long it is.
- She's Got Legs: Butch certainly seems to think so. Brick tries to pretend he doesn't agree.
- The Smart Girl: She is both academically inclined and is responsible for making many of their battle strategies.
- Team Mom: Excluding her ability to cook, she tends to hold herself responsible for the well-being of the family.
- Tsundere: She has some shades of Type B, being kind and courteous most of the time, but more cold to people like the Rowdyruffs, especially Brick.
- The Leader: Type II with some hints of Type I
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: If the relationship between Brick and Blossom could be summarized into one trope, it would be this.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: While she's modest about it, she seems to be the most popular girl in the school because of her beauty (just ask Butch). However, she tends to cover up and cares very little about physical beauty.
BubblesBubbles is the "joy and the laughter" of the Powerpuff Girls with her signature blue color and blonde pigtails. She is the most trusting of the group and is very kind and gentle. She used to be a cheerleader at her school until she was forced to make a decision between Choir and Cheerleader. She is an excellent singer, which captured Boomer's heart. Bubbles often acts as a Devil's Advocate between the Girls and the Boys and was revealed to have a crush on Boomer herself, finally giving him a True Love's Kiss.
- Action Girlfriend
- Apologetic Attacker: She feels bad when she has to kill monster babies.
- Badass Adorable: She is implied to be the "cute" girl of the group
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Hayley's Veronica.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Bubbles is usually very patient, but when she snaps, watch out. Brick learned this the hard way when he accidentally put her in harm's way.
- Cheerful Child: Because of this, she is one of the first ones to really begin to get close to the Rowdyruffs, including Brick.
- The Chick: Out of them, she's the one who spends the most time talking about fashion and relationships.
- Companion Cube: Octi, which she still uses as a security object, despite being in high school.
- The Cutie
- The Ditz: Can show signs of this at times.
- Dumb Blonde: Played with. While she is naive and fun loving, she's extremely knowledgeable when it comes to emotional matters.
- The Fashionista: Bubbles has at least six formal dresses.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible to Buttercup's foolishness.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her signature hairstyle.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Especially Octi.
- Granola Girl: Has shades of this, most noticeably through the fact she's a vegetarian.
- The Idealist
- Is This What Anger Feels Like?: Has had a few moments like this, including getting angry at Brick at the beginning and with Boomer whom she has gotten mad at a number of times, mostly for hurting other people or for trying to steal her away from Will. She also had one when Brick accidentally puts her in danger and she shoots laser eyes at him.
- Lady and Knight: with Boomer as the knight of course.
- Make Me Wanna Shout
- Plucky Girl
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Although this hasn't truly been seen, one of her powers in the show is her ability to talk to animals.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Buttercup's Tomboy.
- Took a Level in Badass: She managed to attack Brick, although his guard was admittedly down.
- Tsundere: Type B towards Boomer
- Violently Protective Girl Friend: Bubbles attacks Boomer when Boomer begins to threaten Will.
ButtercupThe tough girl of the group known for her confrontational, almost aggressive nature. She dated her best friend Mitch, although they broke up before the story takes place. Mitch revealed that all of her friends had a crush on her and that he disliked how Buttercup was at times too shy to announce their relationship, making him wonder if she was ashamed of him.She was, surprisingly, the first to get close to Butch on a personal level, which resulted in them becoming friends.
- Anti-Hero: She is generally kind, even looking after a lost child she found in the mall, but she is a lot colder and more serious than her sisters.
- The Big Girl
- Blood Knight
- Boyish Short Hair: The only time she had long hair was when she was dating Mitch, who liked to run his hands through long hair.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center
- The Cynic: She is the most cynical out of the three.
- Determinator: When Butch takes off her shirt, she goes through incredible lengths and collateral to beat the ever-loving crap out of him.
- Even the Girls Want Her: When the boys tell Butch about Buttercup, he is told this almost word for word.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Inverted, while Blossom is a Lethal Chef, Buttercup's cooking skills are incredibly competent, something she takes immense pride in.
- Girliness Upgrade: When they were together, she went shopping for prom dresses with Mitch, although she pretended to be aloof about it.
- Girls' Night Out Episode: After Buttercup and Mitch break up, the girls have a horror movie night while they trimmed Buttercup's hair, all to comfort her.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Important Haircut: In a prequel chapter, Buttercup cuts off most of her hair after she breaks up with Mitch because Mitch really liked running his hands through her hair.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- The Lad-ette
- Leeroy Jenkins: She's a hit now, think later kind of fighter. The best example of this is when Butch takes her shirt off and she goes flying after him.
- Little Miss Badass: Could apply to all the girls, but moreso Buttercup.
- Nobody Calls Me "Chicken"!: Buttercup gets mad whenever someone implies she might not be able to handle something, such as when Blossom seriously asks her if she can handle looking after the Rowdyruff boys by herself.
- One of the Boys: All of her close friends are boys. When she breaks up with Mitch, her friends go with the relationship and she is left alone.
- That's not fair at all. Her friends still wanted to be friends with her, she was only put out to learn that they were all crushing on her, and did not view her as just One of the Boys, and she avoids them. They later bury the hatchet.
- Perpetual Frowner: She tends to smile the least out of all her sisters and her smirk is actually her signature look.
- Real Women Don't Wear Dresses: She dislikes wearing long dresses and typically "girly" clothing. The only time she considered wearing a formal dress was when she bought a prom dress with Mitch.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Blossom's blue.
- The Smurfette Principle: The Smurfette in her group of male friends.
- Territorial Smurfette: When she found out Butch was hanging out with her old friends, she got more than a little angry.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She did this for Mitch, buying dresses, growing her hair out, dressing more feminine, and using conditioner.
- Supreme Chef: On top of her punishments for trashing the city in her fight with Butch, the Professor makes Buttercup cook dinner every night for weeks, eventually leading to this.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Bubbles' Girly Girl.
- Tsundere: Buttercup is a type A for sure, displaying very little affectionate emotion, even when spending time with her boyfriend. Her inability to show affection in public is what eventually leads to Mitch and Buttercup breaking up.
Professor UtoniumThe creator of the Powerpuff girls. He loves his girls dearly but can be a little silly at times. In the story, he invented a monster barrier that prevented the majority of monsters from entering the city, all in an attempt to give the Powerpuff Girls less work to do. Of course, the system is not perfect and a few monster attacks have appeared in the story. He is a bit of a workaholic and the city is always looking for his help and expertise, leaving him less time with his daughters.
- Overprotective Dad: The Professor, once in a while. Apparently he can feel, from miles away, when boys are ogling at his daughters.
- Papa Bear: Every time one of the girls gets a new potential boyfriend The Professor takes them to a separate room for a talk. What they actually talk about is a mystery.
- He even verbally admonishes boys who ogle at his daughters in public, much to their chagrin.
- Team Dad
- The Professor
- Truly Single Parent: The Professor has never been married and he does not appear to even be dating. Although Butch ships Ms. Bellum and the Professor.
BrickThe leader of the Rowdyruff Boys and Blossom's counterpart. He sports a red baseball cap and his signature color is red. Like Blossom, he is extremely intelligent and an amazing dancer. He is the most rational of the Rowdyruff Boys but his temper has been pushed too far a few times, including the time he had yet another argument with Blossom that escalated to a shouting match and when Butch began a rampage with Buttercup.Brick works for the mysterious JS Inc. and greatly dislikes their forced vacation. It's been revealed that he has helped JS Inc. create new technologies from studying remnants of fights left by Mojo Jojo and various monsters. He also seems to be extremely dedicated to the company and he works hard to make any connection he can get for them.
- Anti-Hero: Starts as Type V and moves to a Type IV. Is in the process of becoming a Type III.
- Anti-Heroes Want Redheads: As much as Brick tries to deny it.
- Attention Whore: He admits that he likes attention, most noticeably when he goes to Prom and the only reason he hasn't shown this too much is because he doesn't see the point for looking for attention while in Townsville.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Blossom.
- Cultured Badass: An artist and a dancer that appreciates literature and other cultured activities.
- The Cynic: He is always fighting with Blossom because of this.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has shades of this, especially when dealing with Blossom and his brothers.
- Evil Redhead: Not evil per se, but definitely a lot meaner than the other redhead in the story.
- Genius Bruiser: He shares all of his courses with Blossom, all of them upper tier subjects.
- Ineffectual Loner: Is quickly approached by Bubbles, much to his chagrin.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Mr. Fanservice: When they go to the beach, the girls are adamant in getting his shirt off. They succeed, much to the annoyance of Butch and Boomer, who are subsequently ignored.
- Male Gaze: He is very uncomfortable when he has to practice dancing with Blossom. Let's just say he glances at... certain places on Blossom's body. He also looks at Buttercup's topless chest when Butch takes off her shirt and (much to his shame) stares at Blossom's legs while she walks up to him.Blossom: What are you looking at?Brick: My diminishing self-respect.
- My Girl Back Home: Penny, although this is more of a brother-sister relationship. Mrs. Morbucks says that he met a girl once who wanted to dance. Whether he is close to her and is currently living with the agency, is yet to be seen.
- Nice Hat: Apparently he never takes it off, not even at Prom.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Whenever he gets angry, his eyes begin to grow red while he begins to charge for a laser attack.
- The Stoic
- Tall Darkand Handsome
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: The relationship between Brick and Blossom can be described by this one trope.
BoomerBoomer is the sensitive guys of the Rowdyruff Boys, much like Bubbles. As her counterpart, he has many of the same characteristics, such as blond hair, blue themes, musical talent, and the softer personality. Bubble's ability to sing captured his heart and he began to pine after Bubbles, even though she was still with Will. He eventually gets his wish when Bubbles reveals she has feelings for him in return and they share a True Love's Kiss.He works with his brothers in the mysterious JS Inc. and they are currently attending school according to their orders to take a vacation. He was the most excited about this order.
- Anti-Hero: starts as a Type IV and changes to Type III.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Although he is the kindest of the group, he can be very vicious when he snaps, going so far as to cut a girl's hair off for calling Bubbles a bitch and ruining the cheerleader uniforms after they began to ignore Bubbles.
- Bishounen: He is said to be very pretty, which helps him with his Teen Idol status.
- The Casanova: He has no problems finding a girlfriend, despite being enrolled for only a short time. After he falls in love with Bubbles, he begins to chase only after her, although many of the girls in school still have a crush on him.
- The Champion: Goes to extreme lengths to help Bubbles, especially when it comes to defending her honor.
- Chick Magnet: Girls are always throwing themselves at him, although he only has eyes for Bubbles.
- Cock Fight: With Will
- Deal with the Devil: He made a deal with Him back when he was in his care to give him superb musical prowess, because he felt he couldn't compete with his brothers any other way.
- Dogged Nice Guy
- Dumb Blond: Much like Bubbles, he is very perceptive but is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Fool for Love
- I Just Want to Be Normal: In the sense that a normal life didn't seem so bad to him, which is why he enjoyed his leave to Townsville High.
- Lady Killer In Love
- Teen Idol: His singing talent coupled with his good looks makes him popular with many of the girls at the school.
ButchThe green member of the Rowdyruff Boys. Like Buttercup, he is brash and a tough fighter. He likes chasing skirts, as Brick puts it, something that annoys the girls, especially Buttercup, although he pines after Blossom the most. He became friends with Buttercup and her friends fairly early in the story and at this point Buttercup and Butch are Vitriolic Best Buds.Like his brothers, he works at JS Inc., apparently as the muscle of the company. Like Boomer, he was looking forward to a break from missions so he could spend more time with women.
- Aloof Ally
- Always Second Best: He's not as good with the ladies as Boomer and he does not command attention like Brick.
- A Man Is Always Eager
- Anti-Hero: Starts as a Type V and then becomes a Type IV or III.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: In Brick's opinion at least.
- Arch-Enemy: Although they break out of this relatively early, he fights a lot with Buttercup and a casual observer would think they hated each other.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Buttercup of course.
- Betty and Veronica: In a strange male example, he is the Veronica to Mitch's Betty.
- Blood Knight: This factor is what eventually allows him to bond with Buttercup.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Is both very loud and very strong
- Bruiser with a Soft Center
- The Casanova: He has no problems finding a girl to go to the prom with him, although his skill with girls is not as strong as Boomer's.
- Chick Magnet: Although Boomer still has more admirers, he still has a lot of girls throwing themselves at him.
- Dumb Muscle
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish brother to Brick's responsible.
- Green Eyes
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Leeroy Jenkins: He almost never thinks before he acts. In fact, his brothers were more worried when he begins to act demure.
- Male Gaze: Of the three brothers, he looks over girls the most
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red oni to Brick's blue.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- The Slacker
- Always Second Best: Cindy is incredibly talented, but no one can beat Blossom when it comes to dancing.
- Betty and Veronica: Cindy is the Betty to Blossom's Veronica.
- Girl Next Door
- Romantic Runner-Up: Brick sees her as such, although he refuses to recognize these feelings.
- She's Got Legs: One of the first things Brick notices about her were her long legs made for dancing.
- Betty and Veronica: Arguably the Veronica to Bubble's Betty. She is portrayed as being more edgy than Bubbles but is quickly laid to the side after Boomer realizes his feelings for Bubbles.
- Romantic Runner-Up
- Action Survivor
- Badass Bystander: Keeps her head during the heist operation in school.
- Girl Next Door: Quite literally in this case for the Powerpuff Girls.
Buttercup's FriendsMitch, Harry, Mike, Floyd and Lloyd
- The Cheerleader: Ashley and the other members
- Gossipy Hens: Consistently gossip about Bubbles behind her back.
- Herald: She is the one who initially tells the girls to look after the boys.
- Misplaced Kindergarten Teacher: Wonderfully subverted despite the fact Ms. Keane was once a Kindergarten Teacher.
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore
- Bratty Teenage Daughter
- Clingy Jealous Girl: When the Rowdyruff boys visit Morbucks mansion, Princess clings to them.
- Daddy's Little Villain
- Dark Action Girl
- Girl Posse: Princess has a group who follow her and follow her orders.
- Heroic Wannabe
- Rich Bitch: Not wanting to invite the Powerpuffs to her party is the nicest thing she has done.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: Not necessarily vertically inclined, but she definitely loves bossing people around.
- Bad Samaritan: Possibly. She is clearly in contact with or knows about JS Inc. She also persuaded Brick to do another dance with Blossom by claiming Brick still owed her for Reccardi. Whether that necessarily makes her this trope, remains to be seen.
- In chapter 5 she name drops a European company similar to JS Inc, asking to Brick to keep a potential partnership in mind. The implication is she is somehow working for them. There's definitely something shady.
- The Fashionista: She is always dressed in elegant dresses and is given an elegant demeanor.
- Herald: She starts the events that eventually lead to a bettering relationship between Brick and Blossom, who refused to be in the same room together before then.
- The High Queen: She's regal enough that she quiets down Princess with little protest.
- Non-Idle Rich: She is always working on something or other
- Ojou: Of the Proper Lady variety.
- Proper Lady
- Socialite: A little strange considering some of her other traits.
- Anti-Hero: Type V
- Cool Big Sis: Towards the Rowdyruff Boys, especially Brick.
- Morality Chain: Especially towards Brick, to whom she tells has to be patient when he begins to get homesick and complain over their forced vacation.
- My Girl Back Home: To the boys, although this is more like a Cool Big Sis Situation than a romantic one, even when Butch constantly asks her out.